When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Pro Help Redo Brush Finish

jester69

I've got a SMP Ceramic and LOVE it. I'm pretty careful with it, but my favorite part of the watch the clasp has some scuff marks. Does anyone know what I can use to get the brushed finish back. I know I can try 0000 steel wool and the like, but thought I'd ask if anyone has done it before and might have some tips. Here's a pic of the scuff.

post-65836-0-44818900-1411674409_thumb.j

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/abrasive-blocks

This is what you need chap.

Word to the wise. Practice on a spare bracelet. A long straight sweeping motion in one direction only with the block and keep contact with the hole bracelet surface as you sweep plus keeping a dead straight motion for every sweep. These are key to getting all the grain lines going in the same direction and parallel like the factory finish.

Also every sweep across the engraving will make it shallower and wider. The engraving will also become less defined. You'll need to work on just the scratch 1st. Keep brushing this bit only till the scratch is gone. Then brush the hole clasp a minimum number of times until the clasp grain looks uniform. Just 5 or so good brushes over the engraving will be enough to start changing how it looks so be careful.

I like the roughest grade but it's really personnel preference.

Good luck

Sent from the Pad of I

It's a quick and easy job. You just need a steady hand and follow the instructions that others have advised. Once you've finished the clasp will be returned to as new condition and you'll feel proud of yourself.