When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1016 Build

HaydenM

20140920-1_zps55a4f9ec.jpg

Hi all,

I have started a rolex 1016 build and currently have the watch pictured above. Unfortunately the dial that I have above has slightly aged lume while the hands do not and I am wondering what combinations of dial / hands would make for the best build. Trying to keep the budget low so please take that into consideration. I currently have an ETA 2824 in the watch but could also use a DG2813 that I have arriving soon.

At the moment I am considering this face / hand set from Yukiwatch:
http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/8677844/9637047.htm

Thanks all

If you want your dial and hands to match, the best thing to do is send them to be relumed. The Yuki dial seems to be the best 'budget' dial available now. JMB recently bought several, and they looked much improved.

Don't know if Yuki can provide ETA hands, but the best choice are really the TC Sub hands.

I am doing similar 1016 build with dial and ETA hands from Yuki for $110ish. Just request eta dial and hands when ordering. I think Yuki's current dial looks great. Dial and hand Lume matches nicely.

I did order TC hands also and if I use those I will send the whole piece to cwazy for relume.

Yuki seems to be most cost effective approach. Did quit a bit of research on this and reached out to some experienced 1016 builders. Yuki was great to deal with, quick comms and shipping.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I am doing similar 1016 build with dial and ETA hands from Yuki for $110ish. Just request eta dial and hands when ordering. I think Yuki's current dial looks great. Dial and hand Lume matches nicely.

I did order TC hands also and if I use those I will send the whole piece to cwazy for relume.

Yuki seems to be most cost effective approach. Did quit a bit of research on this and reached out to some experienced 1016 builders. Yuki was great to deal with, quick comms and shipping.

So the Yuki dial and hands for ETA will be the same but just on an ETA base?

Edited by HaydenM

Feet should work with eta.

Explorer dials from Yuki do not have the option of ETA feet, the feet are for 1570 movements.

A year ago Yuki did not have those dials with in an ETA version (correct me if this has actually changed).

Though the hands set can be ordered to be ETA compatible.

Like blue said...  Yuki will sub in ETA hands but no ETA feet.  Kinda hard to claim a "refinished" dial is legit if it comes with ETA feet! ;)  Feet need to be clipped and dial stuck on by way of your favorite method.