When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where have all the smaller reps gone?

bodid

I'm back but it's like I never left and now I remember why I left and I might be gone again. My problem is my left wrist. It's a 6.25 maybe a 6.5 if I want to wear it loose. Seems that my universe has always been a bit smaller, except in the 70's when  watches were smaller so it wasn't an issue. Can anyone point me in the direction of smaller reps, especially divers? I've sourced out a vintage Tudor at 39mm that would work, but what I was hoping to find in reps is a TAG Aquaracer 300m at 39mm, no luck, or a Hydroconquest at 38.5; no way, or a Planet Ocean at 38, no such animal. Pams have always been unattainable do their shear mass (a 44mm looks like I've got a frying pan on my wrist) Is there a smaller Pam rep that would work for me? This query isn't relegated to the rep community, it's my problem with gens as well but most of the smaller gen watches I could wear are not found on the rep side. 

Any suggestions?

How about a gen Tag F1 200m. These are small and are great value second hand - a quick look on eBay and they're selling for less than £100. Or, I believe that there are Pams that come in around 42mm, check some of the TD's web sites.

Got to agree on the rep front, unless you want to wear a rolex theres not a lot out there. For me it's a comfort thing, anything bigger than 40mm and the watch feels too top heavy on my wrist. Currently waiting for a nice 6263 Daytona to arrive. In terms of gens how about a nice Fortis chronograph, Sinn also produce somme lovely 40mm watches and again aren't hyped on price and have a cool 'in the know' profile. The Glycine Airman 18 at 38mm is also a very cool piece with loads of proper heritage.

I can relate as I have a skinny wrist as well. However I adjusted and went with the trend. If you are into gens you basically have the same problem.Wall Clocks all around. I have the luck that my wrist is rather flat and not round. So I can wear anything up to 44mm. The largest watch I own are a 44mm PAM 243 and a 44mm Lüm-Tec bronze watch. After that it looks ridiculous. If you want smaller watches you are more or less stuck with dress watches or vintages. I bought nice gen Speedmaster recently for under 1000€.

post-41814-0-10115100-1411825883_thumb.j

Just picked up a 39mm Moonie (Andrew @ TT) that Matej will be making some needed mods on. I can handle this size but what really kills me is lug length. I'm comfortable up to 46 and it's a bit dicey at 47/48 but at that size case height comes into play. The most comfortable watch I've had on in a while is the TAG Aquaracer 300m mid size. It comes in at 39 but the lug length is relatively short and sits perfectly. Also my Seamaster 37 is very comfy but 30 years ago size wasn't the fashion statement it is now. I'd say my sweet spot is 38-39mm with a case height of 12-13.5mm lug length up to 46.

It's limiting, but at least I won't go broke buying everything that fits me. I feel bad for you 8.0+ guys because it's a big candy shop out there, especially in repland...

I have a small wrist and mostly wear 40mm or less like you. The mbw Patek nautilus suits our wrists very well and is well made, any older Audemars Classic like 15300 or older are less than 40mm. Actually I took a chance with the new 41mm 15400 and it's great, I thought it might be too big but it's perfect and the quality of the miyota version is quite amazing.