When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shopping List

Welp I finally decided on 3 reps to buy! This is my shopping list. Two for work, and one for play. Let me know what you guys think!

1: AP RO Toubillon (blue dial) http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1499

2: AP ROO 44mm Forged Carbon http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-44mm-forged-carbon-11-best-edition-a7750/

3: Cartier Santos w/diamonds http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_143&product_id=775

Edited by positivitony

No more customized gold casing Richard Mille reps or reps from websites showing pics of gens? That's good.

Taste wise I wouldn't touch the Cartier and 15400 tourbillon with a ten foot pole

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

If the one for play involves cross dressing then I suppose the Cartier appropriate .

Royal Oaks are funny watches to wear. I had a WM9 version and it never felt comfortable on my wrist . Have you tried one ? because $700 on one is an expensive test run . and the  gen is like $135K  Epic $$$

To me, nothing screams "FAKE!" louder than diamond-encrusted men's watches, but if that floats your boat, I'd say "Go for it". Unless you know someone who can fix rep tourbillon (I don't know any in all the forums) you're looking at a potentially very expensive paperweight.

Edited by Hyjynx

To me, nothing screams "FAKE!" louder than diamond-encrusted men's watches, but if that floats your boat, I'd say "Go for it". Unless you know someone who can fix rep tourbillon (I don't know any in all the forums) you're looking at a potentially very expensive paperweight.

Didn't know rep tourbillons are problematic. I think I'll pass on that then.

No more customized gold casing Richard Mille reps or reps from websites showing pics of gens? That's good.

Taste wise I wouldn't touch the Cartier and 15400 tourbillon with a ten foot pole

Good to know! I'm doing some research and the tourbillon is kinda scaring me away now haha. I think I'll pass on the Cartier also. I really dig the forged carbon ap though. I know for sure I'll end up with that one.

If the one for play involves cross dressing then I suppose the Cartier appropriate .

Royal Oaks are funny watches to wear. I had a WM9 version and it never felt comfortable on my wrist . Have you tried one ? because $700 on one is an expensive test run . and the  gen is like $135K  Epic $$$

I have! I actually really like how they feel on-wrist. That being said, I think I'll stick to an offshore instead.

Good to know! I'm doing some research and the tourbillon is kinda scaring me away now haha. I think I'll pass on the Cartier also. I really dig the forged carbon ap though. I know for sure I'll end up with that one.

Its good to see you grow up and learn.. :)

The AP ROO 44 FC is indeed a good choice, can't go wrong with that. I have the same piece myself and its just a stellar wrist companion. 

Its good to see you grow up and learn.. :)

The AP ROO 44 FC is indeed a good choice, can't go wrong with that. I have the same piece myself and its just a stellar wrist companion. 

We all gotta learn at some point mate. Guess it was my time.

You have one? Sweet! How does it look on-wrist? I feel like it might be kinda overpowering to a certain extent because of it's size. I still really like it though. Gonna place my order for it this week.

We all gotta learn at some point mate. Guess it was my time.

You have one? Sweet! How does it look on-wrist? I feel like it might be kinda overpowering to a certain extent because of it's size. I still really like it though. Gonna place my order for it this week.

Not too bad dude, not bad at all! ;)

f22c0c1849b41780acd86fdbd1dc8211.jpg

Very nice shots you guys! I can't wait to get mine.

The anticipation of a watch is part of a game, a very nice part, as you would soon find out. ;)

so, no more customized RM reps anymore my young friend? :lol: :lol:

The anticipation of a watch is part of a game, a very nice part, as you would soon find out. ;)

so, no more customized RM reps anymore my young friend? :lol: :lol:

I'm already pretty stoked for it and I didn't even order yet! So I believe it lol

And nahhh not anymore haha I'm actually saving up for a gen! Definitely not gonna be a fast thing but I've got time   ;)

I'm already pretty stoked for it and I didn't even order yet! So I believe it lol

And nahhh not anymore haha I'm actually saving up for a gen! Definitely not gonna be a fast thing but I've got time   ;)

I shall be here at your service, as long as you don't ask again where unicorn city is ok? :lol:

I would be happy to answer all your questions which are legit pertaining to AP reps.

But if you ask me where to do a solid gold AP case, then.... :bangin:  :bangin:  :bangin:  

I shall be here at your service, as long as you don't ask again where unicorn city is ok? :lol:

I would be happy to answer all your questions which are legit pertaining to AP reps.b

But if you ask me where to do a solid gold AP case, then.... :bangin:  :bangin:  :bangin:  

Hahaha don't worry I'm done searching for unicorn city. I was browsing through the forum today and saw you're selling a strap that you were going to put on your Doha ROO. Do you have any wrist shots of the Doha? What do you think of it? I was thinking about buying one of those. Are you selling yours?

Hahaha don't worry I'm done searching for unicorn city. I was browsing through the forum today and saw you're selling a strap that you were going to put on your Doha ROO. Do you have any wrist shots of the Doha? What do you think of it? I was thinking about buying one of those. Are you selling yours?

Doha.. 

Well its a rather lovely looking ROO, with the distinction as being one of the very few with a sunburst, non tapisserie dial, best described as being dark silver in color.

I love the combination of that dial with red and white hands, and raised shiny steel markers. It is a beautiful watch, but quite flawed in terms of the "5" spacing from the 6 0'clock subdial edge, the "10" and "11" spacing, the "8" cut off point, and the huge ass AP logo. I wore it for a while. Flaws aside, it is a beautiful watch by its own, if you do not consider its accuracy in details vs the gen. I have sold the watch to a friend locally a few weeks back. 

I would recommend you not to buy the watch if accuracy to gen matters to you. The 2014 42mm models are much better choices. Alternatively, I would recommend the Schumacher for consideration, though I am expecting a next iteration, otherwise known as the V2, to be released. 

I could not help you with unicorn hunting, but where ROOs are concerned, perhaps I could offer some humble help to you. ;)

Doha.. 

Well its a rather lovely looking ROO, with the distinction as being one of the very few with a sunburst, non tapisserie dial, best described as being dark silver in color.

I love the combination of that dial with red and white hands, and raised shiny steel markers. It is a beautiful watch, but quite flawed in terms of the "5" spacing from the 6 0'clock subdial edge, the "10" and "11" spacing, the "8" cut off point, and the huge ass AP logo. I wore it for a while. Flaws aside, it is a beautiful watch by its own, if you do not consider its accuracy in details vs the gen. I have sold the watch to a friend locally a few weeks back. 

I would recommend you not to buy the watch if accuracy to gen matters to you. The 2014 42mm models are much better choices. Alternatively, I would recommend the Schumacher for consideration, though I am expecting a next iteration, otherwise known as the V2, to be released. 

I could not help you with unicorn hunting, but where ROOs are concerned, perhaps I could offer some humble help to you. ;)

Good to know! I love the look of the Doha though so I'm willing to look past the inaccuracies. I'll likely end up with one of those at some point soon.

Not a huge fan of the Schumi just yet. I'll wait and see if a V2 comes out and maybe I'll scoop one.

Good to know! I love the look of the Doha though so I'm willing to look past the inaccuracies. I'll likely end up with one of those at some point soon.

Not a huge fan of the Schumi just yet. I'll wait and see if a V2 comes out and maybe I'll scoop one.

scoop. That word never fail to make me think of ice cream. 

Post pics when you get em' watches, or it never happened! ;)