When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263 v72 service

watchfreund

I'd like this answer for those of us on this side of the pond. Since Ziggy retired, I'm not sure who the best choice is either.

Tom,

I would contact misiekped first. He does fantastic work. He has done several watches for me, and I have been very satisfied with his work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the amount of gen parts on this just take to any competent watch smith. I can't see why they wouldn't service it. It's a Valijoux 72 movement not a rep. They might come back and tell you, you have been a victim of fraud.

At that point just look horrified, shrug your shoulders and say "oh well I still need it serviced" :)

Good luck.

With the amount of gen parts on this just take to any competent watch smith. I can't see why they wouldn't service it. It's a Valijoux 72 movement not a rep. They might come back and tell you, you have been a victim of fraud.

At that point just look horrified, shrug your shoulders and say "oh well I still need it serviced" :)

Good luck.

:)

Interesting idea. But maybe also a bit to much risk?

:)

Interesting idea. But maybe also a bit to much risk?

Just search for a watchs smith around you and call him and explain your situation. I did it once myself and 1 out of 3 was interested and glad to fix my movement. He was somehow not very pleased about the rep in the first place but on the other hand he was extremly surprised abour the quality of the watch and he had no clue that reps of this quality do exist.