When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lo'

This came through the mail this morning. The seller claims it was built and aged by the Spinmaster while the movement was tweaked and serviced by Domi.

It looks perfect to my untrained eye I'm therefore seeking the experts advice: where/how is it perfectible according to you?

post-49167-141626050635.jpg

post-49167-141626055792.jpg

post-49167-141626062171.jpg

post-49167-141626069003.jpg

Saw it on sale few days ago, lovely I really wanted to buy it lol but you did so I congrats you and I thank you because it wasn't cheap :)

As it is a DW/spinmaster it is perfect for what it is and the those are the best Daytona rep so far besides the Franken builds based on phong cases

Enjoy it and wear it in good health mate !

• Like 1

I would go with the NYWatchGuy bezel for sure ... fix that 110 ... :)

Also, it looks like you have a case with the older DW pushers (more teeth). You may want to swap those out for Ofrei's pushers, which I believe DW started using later in his production runs. Bad picture here, but the case I recently bought actually had one of each. New version on the left, old version on the right.

DSC00539_zps132ccbf9.jpg

Edited by tomhorn

I would go with the NYWatchGuy bezel for sure ... fix that 110 ... :)

Also, it looks like you have a case with the older DW pushers (more teeth). You may want to swap those out for Ofrei's pushers, which I believe DW started using later in his production runs. Bad picture here, but the case I recently bought actually had one of each. New version on the left, old version on the right.

DSC00539_zps132ccbf9.jpg

Thank you so much Tom. I had noticed the 110 too but that's not the only number which is quite mis-alligned.... whatever so right now the shopping list is new bezel and Ofrei's pushers.

I'll drop an eye in the parts section of the forum. :)

+1 for a bezel change

Nice watch though, enjoy.

Thanks Diesel (can I call you Vin? :lol2: ) surely will. Any other suggestion? I have tried comparing this with good pictures of a gen and it looks spot on to me, except the coronet which is not quite there. Am I missing anything else?

Well, obviously it's not a V72 so there is the subdial spacing but that's a whole other issue. I don't want to be a party pooper but there's probably case shape issues but it would take some of the real hardcore experts to point those out - I haven't got a clue.

As an affordable PN I don't think you can do better than what you've got (plus the already mentioned changes). Well done.

BTW you can call me what the hell you like - it's water off a ducks back to me  ;)

The early DW cases (hallmarks are the slender, droopy lugs and the toothy old pushers) have an excellent shape, so don't worry about reshaping it.  Otherwise, I agree with the others who recommend a bezel and pusher swap.  Great catch.

Thanks a lot for chiming in M.

As usual before posting my question I should have leafed through your repository... my bad.

A gen coronet on the dial would be good too.  Also, a heads up on the NYWatchGuy bezel, pop yours off and make sure it looks like the one on the right, and not the left!  Otherwise, a good deal of grinding is in your future...

Thanks a lot for the highlights CJ. It's noted.

Edited by Lo'

Good information here. I just picked up one of these on another forum. Not a PN, a stock 6263 with silver dial.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Picture Please?

sent forn mungalaxy jote 3 usong tapatalk and this crappy onsc4een keyolboars

I tried replacing and found the gen Rolex coronet doesn't have the two small mounting pins in the same plane as the dial's holes. One's horizontal and the other is vertical holes. Seemed like way too much potential dial damage for very little improvement.

DW's latest dials...or at least when I bought one just over a year ago, had the correct side by side holes.

I guess our eyes all go to different places when looking for "tells".  On any Rolex dial, mine always go to the coronet, especially on dials with metal ones.  The rep ones are never right, some are close, but never right.  The more rounded openings are such a giveaway, as are how the outer tine angles blend into the bottom.

Compare this coronet to droptopman's above

6263_zps1dc6c36d.jpg

Edited by cjjoyce1