When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Datejust I

hgaits

Mate, I'll give the advice of everybody. Read.

There's a lot of good information here and not many will just hand it to you if you don't try.

It's a stupid question for many reasons, such as

• We don't know the budget (Some people have unrealistic expectations of a $100 rep and other will sink upwards of $1000 on a franken)
  • We don't know whether you want vintage or new
  • We don't know the metal
  • The Datejust is one of the most varied reps (and for that matte gens) in existence. 

Read up and you might find the answers, if not, try asking a better question or looking at the trusted dealers section and their websites.

Thanks for the reply,

I apologize that I was leaving out some information.

I'm looking for one stainless steel $200-$300, new. 

37 mm, jubilee bracelet. Blue Dial. Like this one : rolex-datejust-blue-dial-stainless-steel

I want the most realistic replica, preferably from someone who has experience purchasing one of these from someone. I want the cyclops mag to be as close to the original as possible (2.5 mag). Thanks for your time. -H

The best DJ's around are those built by mymanmatt, hands down, however his are pretty far above your budget. I believe that your best bet is to try to find one on the Trusted dealer websites. If you can't find one there, then they are probably not available as a rep. Go to the dealer section, go to their websites and look.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply,

I apologize that I was leaving out some information.

I'm looking for one stainless steel $200-$300, new. 

37 mm, jubilee bracelet. Blue Dial. 

I want the most realistic replica, preferably from someone who has experience purchasing one of these from someone. I want the cyclops mag to be as close to the original as possible (2.5 mag). Thanks for your time. -H

Hi mate, thanks for the new information and apologies if I came on a bit strong.

As for your next step I would advice to look through the TDs here and decide who you want to go with. When you've made your decision go to their site and then to a page like this ( http://www.trusty-watch.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_12&sort=3a&page=6 ) and look through the list of DJs (apologies but it's a massive list). From there if you find your desired watch, great, if not hopefully you find something else in your search that you like. If neither of those are true then you're in the problematic territory of needing to franken / make custom and your budget does not allow for that currently.

Hope this was of some help

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I decided to take another crack at it,

How does these seem to you guys, does they seem realistic or immediate giveaways? Please give attention to the mags and see if they look like 2.5 or not.

Gallery 1) http://imgur.com/a/IVwkk

Gallery 2)http://www.pf-818.com/rdjms01028-jubilee-blue-roman-swiss-28362-p-4067.html

Please vote.

for the best DJ1 just build it yourself or have someone do it for you. it can be a combination of 3 reps (getting the best parts from each) to get 1 desirable watch.

the one in the imgur link is pretty decent enough. just get the ETA version for servicability, etc. also don't forget to subject the bracelet into an oil bath to further enhance the feel when wearing it.

Edited by amespinosa

Date mag on gen DJs isn't all that great and to be honest Rolex doesn't really care all that much about it anyway- their position is if they're 100% gen rolex parts it's just fine.

I don't know about the statements from Josh and Andrew, I think date mag is still supposed to be 2.5- but it's really not that important. But I do like the dial from Andrew better than the one form Josh.