When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First AP Diver (JF V7)

Riverking2

AR cyclop, relume, and a slow beat conversion. For the slow beat, I would strongly recommend finding a Tissot Powermatic 80 as a movement donor. the Powermatic 80 is an ETA movement, slow beat (21000 beats) with an 80 hour power reserve!! I believe that if you do these mods, you will have a really nice AP.

• Like 1

AR cyclop, relume, and a slow beat conversion. For the slow beat, I would strongly recommend finding a Tissot Powermatic 80 as a movement donor. the Powermatic 80 is an ETA movement, slow beat (21000 beats) with an 80 hour power reserve!! I believe that if you do these mods, you will have a really nice AP.

Does the gen AP have slow beat as well? Ive never seen a gen AP Diver so I can't tell which movement is closest to gen. I do hear good things about Tissot Powermatic 80 and its whopping 80 hour power reserve. 

Apples to oranges. LWO is for the AP ROO chronos, the Powermatic 80 is a straight 3 hand movement used in the diver as a replacement slow beat movement. They are not interchangeable.

Oh I see. Thank you for that info. I've seen some 2nd hand Tissot Powermatic 80 for around $250-400 on ebay. Not sure where I could source just the movement.  :g:

Oh I see. Thank you for that info. I've seen some 2nd hand Tissot Powermatic 80 for around $250-400 on ebay. Not sure where I could source just the movement. :g:

You are going to have to buy a complete watch and "cannabalize" it for The movement, unless you are lucky enough to find someone who already took one out of a watch and decided not to use the movement. I recently bought a complete watch with all the papers, box and even the hang tags for about 265 dollars. My problem is I have three divers and I can't decide which one should get the Powematic!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A, good to see you advocate the powermatic80 mod after.. resisting it a while back? :lol:

But yes, you are correct, that would be the ultimate movement mod for the AP Diver. direct transplant, and bingo, a better movement, in my opinion, even when compared to the AP cal. 3120!

Hi big A, I wasn't resisting it , I was just in an unhappy mood after Vac screwed up the slow beat and charged me out the wazoo for the transplant. Lucky for me our master watch wizard misielkped sorted it out very quickly and got it running fine. I'm thinking about putting the Powermatic in my FC V3, although it has a brand new Seagull ST2130 in it and keeps COSC. time. May just wait and see what new divers come along, maybe the FC V27 will be perfect!!!

Happy New Year my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Yeah I've heard the LB mod isn't very reliable.  Reminds me of a CHS GMT movement in reps.  Just a time bomb.  I have Vac building me a V7 diver… and am toying with the idea of just buying the powermatic 80.  I have just been compering 8 bps to 6 bps and its close.  Sure the 6 bps is a bit more jagged but barely and only really obvious when side by side.  On the wrist i would be hard pressed to tell the difference.  

Then again, my eyes aren't as trained as some of you fine folks  ;)   I do like that 80 hr PR and reliability.  Just hard to think about tearing apart a perfectly good watch for the movement.

The Powermatic 80 is a top-quality movement, it's COSC and a real juggernaut. I was reading some threads comparing it to the Rollie 3135. 

Very wise upgrade 

The Powermatic 80 is a top-quality movement, it's COSC and a real juggernaut. I was reading some threads comparing it to the Rollie 3135. 

Very wise upgrade 

+1. The P80 is actually a rather basic movement technically, but a real workhorse. It is the upgrade I would recommend most for diver owners who wish to keep their watches for a long time. :)