When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completely random post

dbane883

After many years of tournament golf, my first Hole in one #8 shadow hills in Palm Springs.

2dc9331e20b6221eb0aa81b1941ee9ed.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

Congrats! And like what chronoluvv asked, why are you bare wristed? Such a shame, no watch to accompany you for this significant moment! ;)

Congrats! And like what chronoluvv asked, why are you bare wristed? Such a shame, no watch to accompany you for this significant moment! ;)

Thank you. My usual golf watch is my 1016 and the movement stopped while playing so off getting a new one movement.

I swing at 115 mph so may have to switch to Quartz for golf. Although I did play with a gen 16613 for years so maybe this was just a fluke. We will see once she comes back with a new ETA.

It was a cool shot because it was into a pretty good 15-20 mph wind. So choked down a 7 iron and hit a low knock down draw. Flag was 168 yards, took one bounce and disappeared....little ridge in the green so we did not know it was in until we got to the green

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

• 4 months later...
Guest ThePhilosopher

My consulting practicum, while frustrating because there's 7 of us working on a project that would typically only have 2 statisticians, is actually quite fun.

Three statisticians go hunting.  After awhile they spot a rabbit.  The first statistician aims and overshoots.  The second aims and undershoots.  The third statistician jump up and yells "We got him!"

Guest ThePhilosopher

That's an old one; a bit different one:

A statistics professor is giving a 100 Question True/False exam over the Bernoulli distribution/trials to segue into the Binomial Distribution. Most students finish the exam rather quickly except one gentleman at the back of the lecture hall. The professor walks near the student, sees that he is flipping a coin, and bubbling and erasing his answer sheet. The professors asks, "What are you doing, most of the other students are finished." The student replies, "checking my answers."

Three Statisticians walk into a bar.  The barkeep asks them if they want a beer?

First statistician:  "I'm not sure"

Second statistician:  "I'm not sure"

Third statistician:  "Yes!"

:rofl:

Suppose time travel was possible, and a man goes back 1 year in the past, after having fried chicken steak for lunch. 

So should he say "I just had fried chicken steak 5min ago" or "I would be having fried chicken steak one year from now"?