When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completely random post

dbane883

Etenim in recta AE capiatur linea quam minima DE datæ longitudinis, sitq; DLF locus lineæ EMG ubi corpus versabatur in D; & si ea sit vis centripeta, ut area ABGE latus quadratum sit ut descendentis velocitas, erit area ipsa in duplicata ratione velocitatis, id est, si pro velocitatibus in D & E scribantur V & V + I, erit area ABFD ut V2, & area ABGE ut V2 + 2VI + I2, & divisim area DFGE ut 2VI + I2, adeoq; DFGE ÷ DE ut {2I × V + ½I} ÷ DE, id est, si primæ quantitatum nascentium rationes sumantur, longitudo DF ut quantitas 2I × V ÷ DE, adeoq; etiam ut quantitatis hujus dimidium I × V ÷ DE. Est autem tempus quo corpus cadendo describit lineolam DE, ut lineola illa directe & velocitas V inverse, estq; vis ut velocitatis incrementum I directe & tempus inverse, adeoq; si primæ nascentium rationes sumantur, ut I × V ÷ DE, hoc est, ut longitudo DF. Ergo vis ipsi DF vel EG proportionalis facit corpus ea cum velocitate descendere quæ sit ut areæ ABGE latus quadratum.

Why does Tapatalk continue to do updates that suck??? IMHO it gets worse every time they attempt to improve it.  I wish I could go back about 5 versions.  This latest fiasco crashes on me constantly.  I generally spend more time on the forums on my phone than on my computer.    

In the natural world, is true randomness possible? 

All things can be attributed to a cause, even if we cannot see it. Take the tree outside my window. The leaves appear to be randomly distributed. But each leaf initiation has a number of factors, such as direction and amount of sunlight, the winds at the time, the state of the tree's nutrition, etc.

Or stars in the sky ... they appear to be randomly distributed even though we look for patterns there.  But each one is where it is due to specific factors, even if those factors are beyond our scope.

What about a car accident, is that random?  One can trace the path of your car, and whatever you hit, the time you left, the decisions you made, which led to you being in a particular place at a particular time ... and thus in an accident.  Is this truly random?  It was unplanned, but not random.

So, one could define "randomness" as something that we just do not have enough mind-power to comprehend.

• Like 1

In the natural world, is true randomness possible? 

All things can be attributed to a cause, even if we cannot see it. Take the tree outside my window. The leaves appear to be randomly distributed. But each leaf initiation has a number of factors, such as direction and amount of sunlight, the winds at the time, the state of the tree's nutrition, etc.

Or stars in the sky ... they appear to be randomly distributed even though we look for patterns there.  But each one is where it is due to specific factors, even if those factors are beyond our scope.

What about a car accident, is that random?  One can trace the path of your car, and whatever you hit, the time you left, the decisions you made, which led to you being in a particular place at a particular time ... and thus in an accident.  Is this truly random?  It was unplanned, but not random.

So, one could define "randomness" as something that we just do not have enough mind-power to comprehend.

OR, a lazy way of explaining the occurrences that do not conform to patterns we understand.