When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with Josh (PC)

Stepan

Yes, not a biggie Legend (if you live and work in USA)  :)

Stepan

I asked, because I am willing to help you. 

I would like to know which watches you ordered. I think its time to let this go since you are most likely not going to recover the watches from whoever stole them, from the postal services of either country, or from Josh.

That leaves buying the watches anew from elsewhere, since I am guessing that Josh would not be your dealer of choice any longer.

So let me know which watches you lost, and I would assess the situation and make you a goodwill offer. Don't worry it would not be conditional. I would just like you to remember the kindness of members here and one day, pay it forward. That would be all.

Yes, not a biggie Legend (if you live and work in USA)  :)

Stepan did not mean to minimise your lose but I already knew what my friend Legend was thinking so giving him a heads up. Maybe " under 200 " would have been a better choice. This being said we are buying reps and these things happen I am not happy about Josh's position could have meet you half way or something and although I would have liked to push it could not due to signing.

Please don't get me wrong it was a joke. I don't trying to be rude. I'm really thankful for all your help. Actually I'm surprised to see such interest for my topic. Thanks to all!

Sure I don't want to deal with Josh again. So I want to ask about any other place to buy Cartel 5513 submariner. I still want to build decent vintage piece. I can't buy it now because my money that was saved for reps gone on Toro's Pam111 but I would like to know where I can buy base for 5513 in future.

Edited by Stepan

Please don't get me wrong it was a joke. I don't trying to be rude. I'm really thankful for all your help. Actually I'm surprised to see such interest for my topic. Thanks to all!

Sure I don't want to deal with Josh again. So I want to ask about any other place to buy Cartel 5513 submariner. I still want to build decent vintage piece. I can't buy it now because my money that was saved for reps gone on Toro's Pam111 but I would like to know where I can buy base for 5513 in future.

Stepan,

One of the purpose of this forum, and community, is that we can have opportunities to understand, and help solve problems that others are facing. 

So, let me offer my assistance again. I do not know the value of the watch(es) that got stolen, but I can help mitigate the pain of your loss. 

You can think about it, and PM me if you decide to take up my offer. Guys who know me, would know that I mean what I say when it comes to such offers. ;)

I was in similar situation with Josh once, when he shipped the watch to a wrong address and kept me on the mercy of the other guy sending the watch to me instead of resolving the situation by himself. I was lucky and received the watch in the end minus a strap that the other guy kept presumably as a compensation. But if I don''t who know what would have happened had the other guy just kept the watch. He lost me as a frequent customer at the time. Yes it is an illegal business but especially then it should be based on trust. Replacing the watch in a case like this should be a simply matter of customer courtesy.

Edited by gasebah

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am completely new here and reading this topic with interest as I am about to buy one or two watches.

But I don't get it, why would Josh be responsible for this. EMS lost your watch, so sue them. I think it is a 

really crap courier btw, but that beside.

You paid Josh, why must he claim back your money. You should claim back your own money especially 

as you received documents from EMS stating the box was empty. 

My 2 cents

Hi,

I am completely new here and reading this topic with interest as I am about to buy one or two watches.

But I don't get it, why would Josh be responsible for this. EMS lost your watch, so sue them. I think it is a

really crap courier btw, but that beside.

You paid Josh, why must he claim back your money. You should claim back your own money especially

as you received documents from EMS stating the box was empty.

My 2 cents[/quote

Ok, so here is the problem. None of the shipping/ courier services, EMS,FEDEX, USPS,etc. are going to pay you more than the insured value of the watch, period. Dealers don't like to declare for full value because it increases the postal rate, puts the package under more scrutiny( you can't ship a 788.00 USD AP ROO at full declared value as a toy!) Also because of customs duty, lots of folks want the watch declared at a low value. Stephan is from Ukraine. My wife has family in Ukraine. We have shipped a container ship load of stuff over there in the past years. You cannot declare anything for more than 100.00 USD or the customs duty will be half or more of the declared value. So we declare for less and take our chances. I will say, in all these years we have shipped probably a hundred packages and we have never had one thing stolen. We have had packages opened and resealed always with a document inside stating it was opened. We never ship things like watches, cameras, cell phones, tablets, etc.. My point is, suing a courier service for a package that was opened, documented and then signed for is a complete lesson in futility. They aren't going to pay. Read the fine print is what they will say. I hate to say it, but all companies, repeatedly warn folks, if the package is damaged, opened or appears to be tampered with, do not accept it. Refuse it, contact us and we will handle the rest. In this case, Stephan's wife should have refused the package, then Stephan should have contacted the seller and told him exactly what transpired, empty box was refused and is on it's way back to you. Since my watch was never delivered, I expect a replacement, same as if it were seized by customs.

What I think should have happened, sure Stephan's wife made a mistake, but she probably didn't know what to do in that circumstance., but if I were the seller, and my business is based on trust and positive feedback from members, I believe I would have tried to work out something with the buyer, maybe not send him another watch, but say I'll give you a 50% discount on the replacement, so instead of 180.00 USD, I'll sell it to you for 90.00 USD..

Do this and the buyer is writing a positive review and everyone is happy and you sell 10 higher end watches based on people reading the thread. Now, by refusing to do anything, you have 10 potential customers drawing a .line through your name and thinking " I'll never buy from this guy, any problem and he runs and hides, leaving the customer stuck".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do this and the buyer is writing a positive review and everyone is happy and you sell 10 higher end watches based on people reading the thread. Now, by refusing to do anything, you have 10 potential customers drawing a .line through your name and thinking " I'll never buy from this guy, any problem and he runs and hides, leaving the customer stuck".

Agreed, so if the dealer wants to cut his own throat so be it.