When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scammer alert !

Mike on a bike

Thanks Mike! 

And guys be alert, this scam was a well thought scam. Unfortunately it happend to a friend of mine (moderator on the Dutch forum).. Be aware of this douche from Singapore :)

What a disgrace, he has brought a bad name to my country and should be extinguished. 

It would be helpful if an account of what happened be posted. 

I can go track this dude down and square things up with him. 

What happened? Never knew we were even capable of complicated scams lol

Example of a popular scam my fellow local friend: 

A borrows $10 from B, and after B agrees, A made him sign a written agreement that states that B agrees to hand $10 to A as a loan.

A then requests for half of the $10 loan, or $5 from B, stating that B still owes him the other $5 as a result of the agreement.

As they each now owe each other $5, the accounts are squared up.

A then walks away being the scammer and B being the scammed. :lol:

Example of a popular scam my fellow local friend:

A borrows $10 from B, and after B agrees, A made him sign a written agreement that states that B agrees to hand $10 to A as a loan.

A then requests for half of the $10 loan, or $5 from B, stating that B still owes him the other $5 as a result of the agreement.

As they each now owe each other $5, the accounts are squared up.

A then walks away being the scammer and B being the scammed. :lol:

Lol

This is what happend (big lines)

- Pictures of the correct watch + tagged picture

- Pictures of the watch and package with shipping adres

- Something strange happens to the tracking code after a couple of days. It indicated a wrong adress, which is odd because in the picture from the package there is a correct adress.

- Because my friend lives in a small town and he had some contacts at the local post office. They where on it and hold the package.

- There was a package sent but he changed the adress to something that doesn't exist so the package would be sent back to Singapore, but no return adres. The package would be lost.

Oh and the package was empty ;)

What a disgrace, he has brought a bad name to my country and should be extinguished. 

It would be helpful if an account of what happened be posted. 

I can go track this dude down and square things up with him. 

Track him down and bring two crazy dutchies (me and martie) and you guys f#ck him up while I'm recording it :D

Track him down and bring two crazy dutchies (me and martie) and you guys f#ck him up while I'm recording it :D

You new School kids ;)

In pretty sure legend is old School Like myself if ever we Would kick somebodies Face In never record it its proof ;)

You new School kids ;)

In pretty sure legend is old School Like myself if ever we Would kick somebodies Face In never record it its proof ;)

Yes brother there won't be proof that the person exists after we are done with him. ;)

This is what happend (big lines)

- Pictures of the correct watch + tagged picture

- Pictures of the watch and package with shipping adres

- Something strange happens to the tracking code after a couple of days. It indicated a wrong adress, which is odd because in the picture from the package there is a correct adress.

- Because my friend lives in a small town and he had some contacts at the local post office. They where on it and hold the package.

- There was a package sent but he changed the adress to something that doesn't exist so the package would be sent back to Singapore, but no return adres. The package would be lost.

Oh and the package was empty ;)

Sounds like a deliberate scam for sure.

What was the value of the watch  my friend?

At the point where the picture was taken with the watch, envelope or packaging with address label, it is still possible to switch it unless the picture also shows the tracking label. Else, it would be fairly easy to just discard the packaging with the correct address label, and then post an empty package shipped to a fictitious address in the same town, with the tracking number given for this package.

Most, if not all buyers would reasonably assume that the tracking number belongs to the package with the correct address (and watch) shown in the previous pic.

The description of events show a deliberate, but not overly elaborate or intelligent way to scam. I would rate the intelligence of the scammer average at best, with his morals scuttering in the sewers with the rats and cockroaches.

If you can get your friend to contact me with the details he has got on this scumbag, I am likely able to track him down and shake up him. A visit by 4-5 guys with mag lights and serious intentions would do wonders to sober someone up. It would give me the chance to be the guy smoking a cigar and leaning against the van while waiting for the guys to finish with this rat. I have seen it in a movie somewhere :lol:

So yes, please get your guy to PM me buddy. Singapore is a small place and it is difficult to hide anywhere.

Fucking hate scammers, I really do, it's our hobby and every now and then a scumbag turns up to fuck us over   :nono:   whether its $20 or $500 doesn't matter the morals of these guys are way off, kick the shit out of them and leave em bleeding.......................my 2 cents :inverted: 

Just my opinion sorry if I offend :)     

You new School kids ;)

No its not proof! We'll be dressed up as Ronald McDonald and the video will be a warning video in the newcomer section to show what we do with scammers...

• Like 2