When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1675 build

sputim

Finally, after a pretty long time I finished (not yet 100% - still need to drill the lugholes) my rolex 1675. I had some difficulties sourcing some of the parts and meanwhile had not so much time to dedicate myself to the cg shaving and completing the build. Thus, this project took some time and effort. Nevertheless, it turned out pretty well and I am pretty happy with the result bearing in mind that this is my first vintage build. Last but not least I want to thank the generous member ceejay for all his help and valuable advice he gave me. Without him answering all my questions very patiently I would not have been able to complete this project.

specs:

case: cartel 1655 with shaved cg's

dial: yuki 1675 white dial

hands: gmt & second hand from rafflestime, hour & minute hand from tiger concept

plexi: gen rolex plexi (had a clark plexi installed first which is good but the gen dial makes such a difference!)

bezel assembly & insert: from clark - exceptional quality and true gentlemen to deal with

movement: dg3804

enough talking now on to the pictures :pimp:

post-50919-0-06733800-1425220368_thumb.j

post-50919-0-96647100-1425220370_thumb.j

post-50919-0-27705400-1425220373_thumb.j

post-50919-0-24638400-1425220375_thumb.j

post-50919-0-63492900-1425220377_thumb.j

post-50919-0-39465700-1425220379_thumb.j

post-50919-0-90977600-1425220381_thumb.j

• Like 2

Looks great! Congrats :)

Thanks mate and it also feels pretty great I have to admit :)

Love it!

It was a pleasure helping someone who knew what they wanted and were determined to do it and do it right, with a personal twist ;)

Congratulations and welcome to the 1675 build club :)

What's next?!!

Many thanks again and it's somehow funny how long it took to actually get to this point where the watch is now but the time and effort was worth it in my eyes. It definitely has a personal twist and the watch is certainly not 100% accurate but the cg's look quite ok for the first time and the gen plexi gives a very clean look.

Next I will drill the lugholes, replace the bracelet and the springbars. And my next rollie project will be a nice double white seadweller 1665 but I don't know yet which case I should use for it ;)

I love the NOS (New Old Stock) look to this piece.

Thanks mate :)

Great build.

I assume you have kept 6mm crown?

Yes I did. I don't bother and think it is too much of a hassle to change it to a 5.3mm crown which will probably look too small in the end.

Did you PM nostalgia on ebay? Only the friction washer for 1675s has been listed for a while now. 

No I didn't. Why should I get a gen friction washer?

Finally, after a pretty long time I finished (not yet 100% - still need to drill the lugholes) my rolex 1675. I had some difficulties sourcing some of the parts and meanwhile had not so much time to dedicate myself to the cg shaving and completing the build. Thus, this project took some time and effort. Nevertheless, it turned out pretty well and I am pretty happy with the result bearing in mind that this is my first vintage build. Last but not least I want to thank the generous member ceejay for all his help and valuable advice he gave me. Without him answering all my questions very patiently I would not have been able to complete this project.

specs:

case: cartel 1655 with shaved cg's

dial: yuki 1675 white dial

hands: gmt & second hand from rafflestime, hour & minute hand from tiger concept

plexi: gen rolex plexi (had a clark plexi installed first which is good but the gen dial makes such a difference!)

bezel assembly & insert: from clark - exceptional quality and true gentlemen to deal with

movement: dg3804

enough talking now on to the pictures :pimp:

Great looking watch. I love the NOS look, as someone said before. If you want to have an even better build, look for a gen crown, smaller and thinner.