When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner rep, gift from customer.

gt_lad

Hi all

Still very green when it comes to use of the site but thought I'd show you this and ask for some feedback.

After several watch conversations with a customer of mine (a retired jeweller), he shows up having bought this as a thank you gift.  Obviously I was chuffed to bits but, I don't really know what I've got!  He said he has removed the backing and confirmed it's a swiss movement but I wondered if you can tell me anymore, like it's accuracy, likely supplier, what certain measurements and markings it should have etc.

Here are a few pictures, nothing compared to the standard of photo's I've seen posted y others but photos none the less... hopefully I've attached the images correctly?!

Thanks in advance, Mark

post-27787-0-50770700-1426203468_thumb.jpost-27787-0-65960300-1426203482_thumb.jpost-27787-0-19467100-1426203511_thumb.jpost-27787-0-18167800-1426203535_thumb.jpost-27787-0-74904200-1426203556_thumb.jpost-27787-0-00307700-1426203573_thumb.jpost-27787-0-20550500-1426203595_thumb.jpost-27787-0-01557700-1426203614_thumb.j

It's definitely a rep but it could be a swiss movement in there. The hour marker surrounds are too thick. The bracelet reference number is wrong and the LEC on the crystal is too visible. Crown guards look a bit chunky as well.

If it keeps good time, enjoy this classic looking watch!

• Like 1

Great gift Mark, enjoy it :inverted:

Yeah I know, sounds like I'm fishing for advice having said it was a "gift" but it really is the case. I have been considering an Omega rep for a while and have done loads of research and weighing up a chrono with incorrect date wheels against the UPO, but

then I receive this... Happy days!

Edited by gt_lad

That was nice of him to do that for you! Seriously. He took the time to find it and a box, knowing you would really appreciate it.

He's a spot on guy to be fair. After a few watch conversations he said he'd bought his son in law a rep and upon his next visit he brings in a genuine catologue to show me. He asked if I liked the stainless sub and within a month he shows up with the watch as in the photo's... My new favourite customer!

Tell us what the SN is on the rehaut at 6 o'clock- looks like F520117 to me possibly- that would make it 2nd generation noob. But noobs had better bracelel engraving on the clasp as I recall.

Yeah it's as you say F520117... I'll search it here to find some more info on it in general. Thanks for the heads up on that!

Clasp is definitely a rep, I have one or two old bracelets with that same clasp. Plus that number is not a good Rolex number. Also the bracelet number is wrong for a submariner. Heck if it has a Swiss ETA, it ought to be a pretty good watch as far as accuracy and reliability. Nice guy to do this for you.

Yeah I'm pleased, looks great when wearing it. Alligoat thought it might be a 2nd gen noob, any other thoughts? Also, any help with identifying it on one of the selling sites would be great. Looked through Joshua's and Andys sites but can't seem to find what I think I have.

That model is no longer made. The rep scene is constantly evolving. That model morphed into the M092117 noobmariner which also had the rehaut engraving. I'm not even sure if the M092 model is still around.

You're lucky with a swiss eta movement. Now days even though the dealers advertise swiss eta, in reality, they're probably Asian etas- a step or two below the swiss eta in quality.

Your watch case looks good, the only change you might make is to get a TC bracelet. It would have a better crown emblem on the clasp and not have the 455B engraving on the SELs.

That model is no longer made. The rep scene is constantly evolving. That model morphed into the M092117 noobmariner which also had the rehaut engraving. I'm not even sure if the M092 model is still around.

You're lucky with a swiss eta movement. Now days even though the dealers advertise swiss eta, in reality, they're probably Asian etas- a step or two below the swiss eta in quality.

Your watch case looks good, the only change you might make is to get a TC bracelet. It would have a better crown emblem on the clasp and not have the 455B engraving on the SELs.

Aah i see, thanks for the help there!

This is proving a steep learning curve. I've tried to research the gen 2 noob but can't find a great deal. Nice to hear it's fairly accurate though.

The strap bothers me but only because it feels sharp on the edges which I know I can over come with some handy work but... What with it being given to me I suppose it wouldn't hurt to purchase a TC bracelet. Will it definitely fit??

The lume isn't great on a couple of the markers either so maybe another point to get done in time.

Here we go, modifications planned and I've only had it five minutes!

Edited by gt_lad