When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage Diver

marrickvilleboy

Ok guys,

I have just completed this model. I just serviced the movement as well and its running strong. The bezel numbers and appropriate numbers have been lumed - I'm going to purchase some Superlum and do it right, I will update again when i've done that.

Ok so what is it made of/from?

Replica case and dial

Replica hands and crown

Genuine 552 movement

The seconds hand was made by myself - it was a combination of different hands to get the right shape and length - i think its pretty close. The '9' and '6' were altered to make it look more original, the rep dial had the 9 and 6 closed up, it should be opened. I will be adding a gasket some time next week.

Anyway, enough talking - lets get to the pictures. Please let me know what you guys think, especially Ubi - who has the genuine version of this. Thanks for viewing!

170946-9672.jpg

170946-9673.jpg

170946-9674.jpg

170946-9675.jpg

and one more shot with my current model Omega GMT white dial.

170946-9676.jpg

I couldn't get a hold of the night shot so sorry R1cco, I will try again when i have a better camera....or maybe its just my poor abilities... =(

anyway, leave comments please, thanks!

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks really great. I have a genuine (Watchco) date version and can confirm that these are really nice timepieces.

If you are opening yours again, can I suggest that you use a small spec of mat black to remove each of the white minute markers to the outside of the 5 minute lume markers. These are an obvious giveaway on the fakes and are referred to as 'Stubbies' by the enthusiasts.

Wear it well.

There's no doubt; Ruo put together a great watch! I only mentioned the back as a way to further improve on a great piece...

^_^

A gen caseback would be a great addition, but I don't think that it will fit the rep case. AFAIK the pitch of the threads is different on the reps parts. However, the caseback should be available from Watchco if you want to try it.