When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first 6263

bobkat

Hello guys!  Recently became interested in the 6263, and so I ordered a cartel version to try out the case size and see how the watch wears.  My wrist is 7.5 inches, here are a few shots. Just a basic Cartel version, but hey it's my first 6263.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do a proper build, you guys think the cartel is good enough as a base?

20f6osp.jpg

2vmt4y9.jpg

2e572hl.jpg
Edited by bobkat
  • Like 1

It all depends on your budget! Cartel, Spinmaster, DW, Phong, are all options, but each very different in terms of $ invested

Hi Whoopy!  Thanks for your reply.  Well here's my understanding of the case options:

Cartel: good bang for buck.  But the mid case is too thick. readily available.

Spinmaster: not available

DW: not available

Phong: 2-3k for a case set, but best case dimensions and finishing possible.

Here's my understanding of the dial options:

Cartel: bad daytona font/placement, subdial rings not great

Spinmaster: not sure

DW: not available

Phong: pretty good dial, but the concentric rings aren't correct for the big red silver dial

Yuki: incorrect daytona spacing (not sure on concentric rings for sub dials)

Gen: AWESOMENESS!  :inverted:

I'm not sure how correct that info is, i've tried to find a good repository of info for building a 6263 and it as most things rep it appears to be constantly evolving.

You've pretty well covered the case options, etc. With DW out of the picture and given the fact that Spinmaster worked on DW cases and dials, those two are gone.

There is 'Son of Phong' who sells parts on ebay- world_time_inc_online is his store- he's got a few dials and other parts.

So like you say, the cartel watches are really the only way to go unless you spend big on Phong stuff, also there's MQ over in Saigon, expensive and always a challenge buying from someone in Vietnam.

M2M is your other option- keep your eyes open.

• Like 1

Other options are NDT & MQ. Of the 2, NDT tends to be cheaper & more variable, MQ is probably the most expensive, but also the most accurate (most of the time).

In either case, at this price level (high) I would recommend that YOU do your research (on gens) before clicking any buy buttons. No aftermarket part is perfect. They all contain flaws & YOU need to decide which flaws bother you the least.

• Like 2

Guest REPPIN

Hello guys!  Recently became interested in the 6263, and so I ordered a cartel version to try out the case size and see how the watch wears.  My wrist is 7.5 inches, here are a few shots. Just a basic Cartel version, but hey it's my first 6263.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do a proper build, you guys think the cartel is good enough as a base?

20f6osp.jpg

2vmt4y9.jpg

2e572hl.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what dealer did you get that from. A link would be great, Ive been looking for a base to start a build on and this one looks better than the last "cartel" daytona I purchased. 

You've pretty well covered the case options, etc. With DW out of the picture and given the fact that Spinmaster worked on DW cases and dials, those two are gone.

There is 'Son of Phong' who sells parts on ebay- world_time_inc_online is his store- he's got a few dials and other parts.

So like you say, the cartel watches are really the only way to go unless you spend big on Phong stuff, also there's MQ over in Saigon, expensive and always a challenge buying from someone in Vietnam.

I certainly will keep an eye on the M2M section, thanks for the advice.

Other options are NDT & MQ. Of the 2, NDT tends to be cheaper & more variable, MQ is probably the most expensive, but also the most accurate (most of the time).

In either case, at this price level (high) I would recommend that YOU do your research (on gens) before clicking any buy buttons. No aftermarket part is perfect. They all contain flaws & YOU need to decide which flaws bother you the least.

Thanks for these other options.  The NDT subdial font on the silver 6263 big red looks too thick. The spacing of the red daytona is also a little off to my eye.  I really love the silver dial at MQ, but it states "sold".  The patina on the lume dots, the fonts, they all look great to my eye.

I guess in the end, case shape becomes less of an issue for me with the dial being the biggest draw back of the cartel.  Thanks for the advice I will look more into these two vendors for dials.

Just out of curiosity, what dealer did you get that from. A link would be great, Ive been looking for a base to start a build on and this one looks better than the last "cartel" daytona I purchased. 

I got this from Sead aka supermirrors

Son of Phong.....I'm rolling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on S.O.P hah!

2K ... might be worth it if can get a good dial.  So far everything i'm looking at is wrong in some way or another.  I wonder if it'll have to be a refinished gen dial i go with ... 

Thanks for all the feedback.

• 1 month later...