When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Somebody is gonna be sorry...

Beachcomber

What are the tells? Or are they that obvious?

or he doesn't know he bought a put-together Phong with a gen case back which is incorrect for the year, not sure where the dial came from, with a gen movement. And the case hasn't even been modded! Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can somebody with some clout report this clown. I sent him a message telling him why I thought his watch was not genuine and here's my reply.

b38ae92686a30df8797c71df5b33ea02.jpg

I kinda don't think RSC would do anything with this watch but confiscate it. I love reps but when someone try's to pass on on a a gen it really pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I sent this guy another email explaining to him the details that point out that his watch is at best a higher end replica. This hits home for me as I was scammed many years ago and lost a lot of money and then again recently from a once well known guy in the vintage world, a Mr. Steve Mulholland who used to be a straight trader and then scammed a lot of people for a lot of money and the last I heard he is in jail in Florida someplace.

I sent this guy another email explaining to him the details that point out that his watch is at best a higher end replica. This hits home for me as I was scammed many years ago and lost a lot of money and then again recently from a once well known guy in the vintage world, a Mr. Steve Mulholland who used to be a straight trader and then scammed a lot of people for a lot of money and the last I heard he is in jail in Florida someplace.

Man, that sucks. Was it on a complete watch or parts? He was a total straight shooter, too, back in the day. Completely legit seller. That vintage guy out in CA also destroyed his rep with the whole John Mayer thing - Maron, I think?

Man, that sucks. Was it on a complete watch or parts? He was a total straight shooter, too, back in the day. Completely legit seller. That vintage guy out in CA also destroyed his rep with the whole John Mayer thing - Maron, I think?

An LV over 5k stolen.

There are so many "upgraded" Rolex watches floating around, it's almost not safe to buy anymore, unless you really know the seller, know the watch or have it authenticated by and older experienced Rolex trained watchsmith.

Who knows how this got through the RSC, younger tech, folks that were playing in their kindergarten sandbox when these watches were new, maybe the guy selling really didn't have a clue and when it passed through the RSC, it was all legit in his eyes.

If indeed the watch is a "put together" even if all the parts are gen Rolex, one it's out, he's going to be out a pile of money. Before I ever put this much into a vintage Rolex, the seller would have to agree to let me send it to Bob Ridley for authentication. I bet it would take him about 10 seconds to determine if it were correct or not!

Sorry to hear about your deal with Mulholland, I bought a couple of watches from him and a few bracelets, endlinks, etc., and the very last deal was just a couple of months before he completely went off the reservation!! Glad I didn't wait.

An LV over 5k stolen.

Wow. I'm sorry. What kind of recourse did you have? Did you recover any of your loss?

Speaking of going off the reservation, I had 2 of my watches with MD2020 before he did the same thing. He had mine for 6 months and I was sweating bullets thinking the guy was going to keep them, but then he came through in the end and delivered as promised. Four or five months later he went rogue on everyone here. Ugh.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

No recourse with Mulholland at all.

Ad for the watch, there is no way it made

It through RSC with that case, maybe the real one did and then this one was made with the same serial number or the RSC documentation is faked too..

• 2 weeks later...

Long E

Case back incorrect

I can see that the Tiffany print starts from a different spot from more trustworthy examples but can't tell which E is long/wrong, the Rolex print at 12? The dial also seems to be a little right & bottom justified, making the minute markers specially between 5 min to 40 min shorter.

Mch927g.jpg

Still not sold, can't understand what's the problem? :D

Case and bezel is newer than this watch supposed to be, wrongly aged. Case engravings wrong, can't say if dial is fake but Tiffany print is wrong. Any history I try to make up for this watch, I can't because there are many things which don't add up.

I think the dial is a MKIV- which puts the 'L' in ROLEX over to the left. I don't have a problem with the Tiffany print myself.

But the case is all wrong and that bracelet is put together- 78360 w/ a flip lock clasp- probably off a 93150- or could it be a rep clasp? 455B end pieces are a joke and those spring bars aren't correct.

I wonder if Rolex just said they don't service that model anymore to be polite. No point in getting in a rue with a customer who has a fake case!

The hands are rep as well.

Case is rep

Dial is a gen MKIV dial found in 5mil range...probably with Tiffany added

3 million serial would put it in red range anyways

But it hasn't sold yet ... so..  What's the big deal... Ebay is riddled with fakes and frankens...

Caveat Emptor,,,

Fool and his money are soon parted....