When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Options on this Tudor 7928

Beachcomber

A word of caution on this otherwise amazing watch (I have one myself!): Many inceptions of the A390 movement were factory flawed because a tiny piece (in the rotor mechanism if my memory serves me well... tried to Google that to no avail), was subject to breackage under constant use therefore, many 7928/0 out there have received dubious "transplants" since original parts are almost impossible to find.

As far as I'm concerned I'd require a solid guarantee that the movement is untampered with before buying.

Thanks for the replies, I noticed this has a lollipop second hand, I don't remember seeing them on 7928s, is this correct for a 67? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is IV 67 so... :)

post-49167-0-55494600-1433176254_thumb.j

Hi Comber, According to me 5k is a bit high. Does the watch come with b&p? If not I would not pay more than 4k for this watch, and only if I could inspect the movement. I paid $2,5 some years ago for mine which is 100% original in any part including the crystal, but came with a leather strap instead of the nice rivet bracelet you've got there. Have you tried dropping an eye on chrono24 just to get an impression?

Can't get these under $4K anymore

Forget the $2.5K price tag, that's almost a steal now!

Glad to hear that :D but what I said is that I would not pay more than 4k for the watch Comber is proposing, not that he should pay less. This being said if the choice is between a 7928 and a 1680 I'd go for the latter without too much thinking.

Thanks for your help guys I have decided on the 1680 which I believe is a far more better deal for the same money.

Now I need to sell my long 5 which is listed in the for sale section open to offers guys.

You chose wisely. 1680 for the same price = no brainer. Can't wait to see it.

I did say same price, not exactly, sorry, it was a bit more. I'm psyched since this is one that appears not to have been bouncing back and forth from flipper to flipper. It's got a general build up of crud which I personally look for when buying vintage, also look at that 127 Top Hat, that's not a replacement, nice sharp edge. The downside is it probably hasn't seen a service since 1977! b1994ad57c21f15d658520b7d8c89ff5.jpg0b31682c8cc5086df211a8dd89ee9e7c.jpg