When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 case origin?

rolojack

It's the cartel 5513 case. Mine is similarly marked STAILESS STEEL and has the same SN, caseback says 5512 on mine. Looks like you've trimmed the fat stubby crown guards down and drilled the lugholes.

I also filed the area down between the crown guards, retapped the case and installed a 702 tube and crown. I tried an aftermarket T-19 but it was loose on the case so I stuck with the rep high dome crystal like yours.

Mine came from Josh.

This baby will soon mate with GEN Spider 5513 Dial, GEN T-19, GEN 702 crown ...RJ you did a remarkable job and the result is great. Caseback is a Helenarou which is flatter than cartel and has the proper inscription.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know if it is a good idea to install a gen T19. The rep crystal is very good and fits tight. I believe the case to be waterproof now and I would not jeopardize that...

Thanks guys, I´ll definitely take up your advice and check out the looks of the watch with the current plexi. As for the crown I guess Athaya is also great crown so I might aswell keep it like it is.

As for the engravings, Is there anyone in EU doing case engravings? 

I think the 703 crown and tube assembly came around in 1980 or so- about the time of the 16800. They may have still used the 702 on the 1680/1665/5513 for a while.

And of course, the service replacements are all 703s these days

Thanks, I was actually after a clean `service` kinda look. Guess for a 1984 5513 spider it is not uncommon to have service plexi and insert. What do you guys think of these GEN Tudor Mercedes Hands? 

DSCN0028.JPG

5513%20Spider%20002.jpg

5513%20Insert.jpg

The dial sure has character! Show us the build when complete! Wash out your bezel insert 30 seconds with some Destop or other extreme toilet cleaner. It will give it a nice patina. Just put some on rubber gloved and massage a bit before rinsing aboudandly.

• Like 1