When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

reps with chrono, do you perfer quartz eta or A7750

cavi

Hi Cavi: By now  you may have noticed that quartz watches are not much of a theme here. This is a replica forum and very few (if any) quartz watches are replicated. The reason is simple. No quartz watches (if any again) have reached the "classic" status that is required to be emulated by the replica industry. Now, going back to your question, is  an Asian 7750 better choice than a quartz movement in your chrono ? That depends. If you want a replica watch as close to the original you'll have to go automatic (Asian or Russian). But if you want accuracy and reliability you may want to forget about  7750, which will sooner or later give you one or two headaches.  A cheap Miyota or Ronda quartz movement in your rep will run trouble free for years and years before it needs being "serviced" or replaced for about 30 to 40 bucks (parts and labor).  

Hope my humble opinion helps you.

Cheers !!!

A7750's are better if you have them serviced early on. Then don't play with the chrono every 2 minutes and you should be fine. I've more than 10 A7750's and only a few have caused problems. Mostly when they are not the standard configuration - such as AP ROO's.

There are a few Quartz reps out there, I can't say which ones as I don't have any personally.

The Tudor heritage chrono is a nice quartz rep. It doesn´t have any ticking seconds unless You use the reliable chrono and it´s a hefty, good looking watch.

If You´re getting a fastrider or similar it should be quartz anyway, can´t see any advantage of getting the A7750 movement there.

The only thing I don´t like on rep or gen quartz is the large ticking seconds hand when it´s there, as for the rest a rep quartz (when it is well made meaning

sapphire crystal etc. and not the cheapest materials they often have) has a good, solid feel and reliability to it.

A genuine Audemars Piguet or Patek Philippe, now that I would prefer with the fantastic automatic movement.

the one I am looking at is the Tudor black shield, I have seen two versions one with the 7753 and the other with a quartz movement.  However the quartz movement looks like the case is way inferior to the 7753 case, so I will probably go that route anyway.  Next month's watch!!

I have 4 pieces with 7750's and 2 with 7753's.   I've only had issues with one of the 7750's and that was because I dropped it!   :bangin:

Vac fixed me up and serviced it at the same time.   I have no problems with the 7750's in standard configuration.   I have none of the seconds at 6 or 12 versions.   Those are the ones to avoid.

You did notice the gen caseset is ceramic, the rep is dlc SS, on the gen the date sits straight to 12, on the rep it´s lying sideways and You seem to need a special pin to set the date.

At the price the A7753 goes, it´s precisely the rep I would buy in quartz for less than 1/2 and wouldn´t notice any further caseset differences - it has enough already.

All my carefully treated A7750s run fine and steadfast - Yes, precisely - You have to treat them carefully, be careful when to set the date, how and when to stop the chrono if You use it at all, not hand it over to friends who will push the buttons - and be specially careful not to wind them and not to bang into anything as they are not very shockproof.

This is a priority: Have You checked where You will send the blackshield if anything is wrong or it needs a service, if the watchsmith does even work on that rep-movement and how much it costs? (and forget about having it serviced in China, it will come back with another problem)

The quartz one, You just put it on, use it and abuse it and don´t ever worry about, You´ll have enough other attractive, desirable and gen-like A7750s waiting in line.