When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Noobmariner Is Out, But Were Should I Go Now.

pro expert dan

I (and many others) were abit to late to catch the noobmariner since it got so popular and i'm just wondoring what is the next best thing?

I have never been good at making decisions so i will need help on this one... Who has the next best sub atthe price $150 and lower?

As well as the watch in hand, could people take the dealers repeatability into consideration.

I was thinking something along the lines of the following....

perfect-clones, Beginmariner - $108.00

http://perfect-clones.com/rlss10009-black-...ing-p-2311.html

WO Mart, SO CALLED PERFECT SUBMARINER - $149.00

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1165

trustytime, Submariner - $118.00

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=257

All suggestions are open. Thanks.

... please don't flame me, i hope this is not the same as the "who has the best sub" topics as this is more comparing the three which are already on the table.

:)

Well, Dan, I think you just picked out the three best deals for under $150. Of course, Paul's will run a little more depending on how you pay for it, since you got to get the money over to him, but it is an ETA. I just ordered Josh's Beginmariner myself because, as far as I can tell, it has the Seagull 2813 movement (see the WO under the balance wheel). I'm giving it to a nephew as a late xmas present of sorts. I do also have the noobmariner and, BTW, Paul's, TTK's, Josh's and TWG's all have the same case with the ubquitous serial # F520117. Oops, don't forget EL. Really, the only real decision is whether or not you get the ETA movement.

[censored] it... go for the jackpot.

Just get a Panerai and you'll never be able to wear a sub again.

Problem solved.

:lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw... I am slowly getting to prefer Asian 21J in place of ETAs...

why is the SO CALLED PERFECT SUBMARINER from Pual cheaper than his regular ETA Sub???????

Because of sort of Anselmo's onthologic proof:

Inexpensiveness is a merit.

Perfection cannot lack any merit.

Hence, a PERFECT <sub/anything/anyone> must also be inexpensive.

Paul has 2 versions of ETA sub. My recommendation is don't get the so called perfect sub. Get his W-748 instead. My formula:

1) get Paul's W-748 (Josh, Angus, Ruby, Silix, Belial2k, etc. sell the thing). It has a thicker crystal and a better crown. And most of all it has a truly deep rehaut.

174163-8912.jpg.

I have one of these. Check out the rehaut. That's very good compared to the gen's.

Mine:

174163-8913.jpg

Gen:

174163-8914.jpg

The so-called perfect sub is the same thing as the noobmariner except it has a ETA. I have the noobmariner. The rehaut is way too shallow, the crown is too big, the crystal is too low. Look at the left pic:

174163-8915.jpg

2) W-748 has a couple of flaws - the date window is too far right. So get a dial and a date wheel of the Noobmariner or Paul's so-called perfect sub or Andrew's sub or EddieLee. The dial should be $8 to $30. The date wheel is $10 to $20.

3) W-748's cyclop has too much magnification. So replace it and of course line it up right. RBJ can do this. Not expensive.

4) optional: while you have RBJ change the cyclop, have him do a partial or complete CG reshape.

5) optional: get a new insert $25 to $60 for an aftermarket, more for gen.

It'll be one killer sub with what's being offered by our dealers today. W-748 is a good platform. MBW may be better but god knows where to get it now.

Edited by bklm1234

I have the $ 188 Re-launch version of the LV Submariner from Andrew, Superb watch for the price. You might also consider the BeginnerMariner from Josh. For the price I don't think that there is much being offred that can beat it for right now, my Dad just ordered one on the 24TH. I will let everyone know how it looks when it arrives.

"SOF"

I bought Paul's "so called perfect" LV sub. For the price and what i wanted in a replica sub it was great for me. I'm not concerned with fooling an AD, I just wanted a good replica and this one was a good price. i can live with the flaws and Paul gave me great service (again)

On SS bracelet:

174873-8736.jpg

On black NATO maratec band:

174873-8737.jpg

Wow! Ordered Josh's Beginmariner on the 22nd and it arrived today, the 28th. That's pretty good service. And it looks just like the noobmariner, but it should, since it's the same case and dial. Can't wait to get home and pop the back off, to take a look at movement. Thanks Josh.

Wow! Ordered Josh's Beginmariner on the 22nd and it arrived today, the 28th. That's pretty good service. And it looks just like the noobmariner, but it should, since it's the same case and dial. Can't wait to get home and pop the back off, to take a look at movement. Thanks Josh.

nice to see a good review as im planning on ordering one this week. :)

What about Silix version:

ETA for only $115

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1212

Is it strange that im scared of it?

Edited by pro expert dan

This thread is very helpful to me as I am in the process of selecting one as well. There is so much information on this forum on these watches I feel I will spend 2 weeks reading post after post after post.

I just ordered a Seamaster from TTY before their site went down due to exceeded bandwidth. Cant wait to get it and post reveiws on it.

I am new to this forum but not new to Reps but I can not begin to fathom how everyone can tell the diff between all the watches, movements, clasps, crowns, etc. I only hope that time will help train my eyes and brain as well.

Edited by yllwtrb