When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the 5512 is here

Vinguru

thanks for the replies!

what is the best source for the 9315/0 with 580 end links? Yuki?

Hard to source a 9315 outside of a gen which will run 1K+.  Gen 93150 can be found for less but still in the 500-1000 range.  Once again hard to source a decent rep 93150.  Yuki sells a decent 2 piece model that is stamped 93250 that can be drilled out for 2mm spring bars and works pretty good with a 5513/5512.  Needs a little aging and work but can be used for a reasonable cost.  I drilled one of the Yuki's for 2mm bars and did several brush, polish and dry lube treatments.  Wears and looks great for the cost.  Used WSO 580 end links from Ebay.

6ccf5eebe074deb795508cf65416602e.jpg

74830f1a0d022a49aea2e637de813a3f.jpg

• Like 1

Hard to source a 9315 outside of a gen which will run 1K+.  Gen 93150 can be found for less but still in the 500-1000 range.  Once again hard to source a decent rep 93150.  Yuki sells a decent 2 piece model that is stamped 93250 that can be drilled out for 2mm spring bars and works pretty good with a 5513/5512.  Needs a little aging and work but can be used for a reasonable cost.  I drilled one of the Yuki's for 2mm bars and did several brush, polish and dry lube treatments.  Wears and looks great for the cost.  Used WSO 580 end links from Ebay.

6ccf5eebe074deb795508cf65416602e.jpg

74830f1a0d022a49aea2e637de813a3f.jpg

Gorgeous. I love that crown. What size bit did you use for drilling out the bracelet, or did you use a file?

Do you remember how much the yuki cost? I thought I read somewhere that TC also sells a 93250, but doesn't his have solid endlinks?

I agree with most of the others' comments, but your xtal looks odd. Are you sure it is Clarks & the correct xtal for that Sub? Maybe it is just the perspective from the camera, but the view through the xtal looks wrong.

Clark crystals aren't great on a cartel case. They distort the rehaut too much. After trying many different options, the best rep version I've come across is the CWP crystal, however they do seem fairly brittle. I installed several on my 5513, after a while hairline fractures would appear in the area between the case and retaining ring. The crystal itself was a snug fit on the case and the retaining didn't need much pressure to press into place. So after several tries with the CWP, I went for a used T19 service crystal instead, which hasn't given me any problems.

1d25f952f7106fc08b20ad43fcc38b0c.jpg

Gorgeous. I love that crown. What size bit did you use for drilling out the bracelet, or did you use a file?

Do you remember how much the yuki cost? I thought I read somewhere that TC also sells a 93250, but doesn't his have solid endlinks?

Thanks, that crown was difficult to find and $$$$.  It was still in the original packaging...

Yuki sold 2 different versions and now I see they only have one.  I cannot remember which one I ordered but it was around $75. If not this then very similar.  Did not care about the different diving extension of the incorrect stamp which I sanded off.  I mainly wear it with my gen 7206 anyways, but still think this bracelet is decent for the money and wears nice.   http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/7909371.htm

2mm drill bit that broke while doing the job....had to test filt gen spec spring bars and then take a little more off by manipulating the drill with a smaller bit.  Not a precise job but it worked.  Still plenty of meat on the last bracelet link that secures the end links to be solid and safe.  Did not care for the end links that came with the Yuki so used some lightly modded WSO 580's which you can see in the pics are a good fit.  So for $100 total and a little mod that anyone can do, decent outcome.    

Thanks for all your great feedback. I ordered the yuki bracelet for a better fit and brighter steel colour. Also bought a flat case back and wil buy an athaya 702 crown in the future. Let's see how far i can get this one without going franken (or broke, lol).

Sounds fabulous. Can't wait to see pics when you get it all installed. Just curious. Which case back did you order?