When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixed: Lume "fell Off" 42.5mm Po

cornerstone

Hi,

I think you can do it by yourself. Actually, on my PO the lume of one marker had also fallen off. I just took the movement out and used some ordinary glue to stick it back to its position. It worked perfectly and I don't consider myself as a very skilled person in terms of doing watch repairs.

But be careful and try to cover the dial.

Cheers

Moppel

Hey, did you get this fixed? I have exactly the same problem and am considering sending it off to be fixed as I'm not particularly skilled and I love this watch too much! Whilst I'm at it I'm thinking of getting it super lumed and serviced all for good measure! Never having done this before who is the best person for EU (preferably UK) repairs? Palp?

Thanks

I would use something like a toothpick (which won't scratch anything) with a tiny blob of Blu Tac (if you had watch making tools then you would use Rodico which is a non greasy version of blu tac!!) to pick the piece of lume up with and place it into the marker. Tweezers have a danger of crushing it if mishandled!! You could use a tiny drop of super glue just in the centre of the marker then gently place the lume into it.

I'm just curious...

Did Everyones 42mm PO do this?... mines done it twice now.

First the 4 o'clock fell out... reglued it but killed the movement by mistake...

(newb error... used springbar tool to remove stem... never again)

(off to Vacumm for repair/service/gen hands)

got it back, wore about three hours... looked down...

and the 2 o'clock lume dot is visibly lifting up...

I love the watch... it don't love me.

Ahwell... waiting on caseback opener to attempt second repair as Vacumm seems to have used a really big wrench to put the caseback back on... Pretty much water-resistant at this time though... no way water can get in it at the moment.

Either way... consider getting the Gen hands for a quick easy upgrade... made a huge difference in looks... I love it even more now.

I'm just curious...

First the 4 o'clock fell out... reglued it but killed the movement by mistake...

Ahwell... waiting on caseback opener to attempt second repair as Vacumm seems to have used a really big wrench to put the caseback back on... Pretty much water-resistant at this time though... no way water can get in it at the moment.

Either way... consider getting the Gen hands for a quick easy upgrade... made a huge difference in looks... I love it even more now.

What version is your PO? the "4th" or "5th" generation? I have the "5th" and nothing has (yet) dropped off...

I'm just curious...

Sorry to hear that...it seems to be a very common problem with this markers. I guess the best solution is to relume the markers.

BTW I used this tool to replace the caseback.....no duct tape or rubber gloves :D

177076-8183.jpg

Hey... that tool on the right... thats the same one I ordered. Sweet.

And for the 45mm... went Pumpkin (have a black bezel insert coming that was part of a package... may change to black bezel/orange dial... time will tell)

And yeesh... hope we didn't accidently thread-jack here.

Oh and to be nice and clear for all reading.... Vacumm did great work on my 4th gen... In no way, shape or form did anything he do cause my current lume woes... I'd highly recommend his services to anyone.

I know that relume is an option... I may also consider just doing a Gen dial on the 42mm... I'll wait to decide after i've had the 45mm for a few weeks... either way I can't wait for my caseback opener to get here... I'm dying to wear a PO again.

I would use something like a toothpick (which won't scratch anything) with a tiny blob of Blu Tac (if you had watch making tools then you would use Rodico which is a non greasy version of blu tac!!) to pick the piece of lume up with and place it into the marker. Tweezers have a danger of crushing it if mishandled!! You could use a tiny drop of super glue just in the centre of the marker then gently place the lume into it.

Thanks for this - very handy! I wouldn't have used super glue because of the fumes, but I take it it's okay if it has dried before it goes back in.

So apart from that there's just the small matter of removing the movement!! I really don't know if I trust myself to not f*%k it up...

My dilemma exactly - this is not the watch I would pick to demonstrate my total lack of manual dexterity on. It's times like this I wish I was in the UK or Canada! Marrickvilleboy.....why did you leave us! :cry:;)

I might see how I go though - perhaps I'll get the spare time I need when the forum is down :lol:

• 4 weeks later...