When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Planet Ocean 45mm

ihaveaticker

I have done some meticulous measurements to establish what accuracy one can expect from this unregulated rep. To my surprise, my new PO performed well, better than I have expected. This PO keeps time against reference source to +12 sec per day (with standard deviation of 2.1 sec which is pretty much my reading precision). See the following diagrams (note how tight are the readings, no much scatter from the line of best fit).

post-4033-1167375119_thumb.pngpost-4033-1167375138_thumb.png

This is much better than, for example, my Sandoz Submariner (Singapore model) which drifted +28.7 sec per day and with a much greated standard deviation.

I hope to bring the PO accuracy a magnitude down to +1 sec, after regulation. I think this is achievable. I did get my Sandoz to +1.9 sec post-regulation, and they both have the same type of movement.

What about power reserve? Another nice surprise - 10 min shy of 41 hours after it was fully wound. Can't complain about that. :D

Another reason why $$$$ gen watch is a waste of money.

Dr. No

I also have the P.O 45.5 .Outstanding quality. I also have a ROlex Sub replica. You are a fool to sped $ on a gen. The only thing that is the water resistance. For swimming I have other watches. I wear the Reps just about for everything else. I was told you can get the water resistance to 5 ATM by adding silicon to the seals.

You may find it already is fairly water resistant - get a pressure test done on it at any watch repair shop and that will tell you before you risk swimming with it.

Totally agree! I have four reps (Yachtmaster, Omega PO 45mm, Omega PO 42.5mm and Panerai 212) that keep time just as accurate as my gen Rolex Explorer II and gen Omega SMP. I will never spend that much money on a single watch as long as reps like this exist. Terrible isn't it?

Edited by Nouns Defions

I'm a noobie here.. How do you guys improve the accuracy of the watches? What do you mean by regulating?

On all movements there is a way of making minor adjustments to the speed the watch works at so thatit can be made to run faster or slower, the way of adjusting is different for different movements, do a bit of a search proberbly in the expert area and you will find a bit more about it.

I have done some meticulous measurements to establish what accuracy one can expect from this unregulated rep. To my surprise, my new PO performed well, better than I have expected. This PO keeps time against reference source to +12 sec per day (with standard deviation of 2.1 sec which is pretty much my reading precision). See the following diagrams (note how tight are the readings, no much scatter from the line of best fit).

post-4033-1167375119_thumb.pngpost-4033-1167375138_thumb.png

This is much better than, for example, my Sandoz Submariner (Singapore model) which drifted +28.7 sec per day and with a much greated standard deviation.

I hope to bring the PO accuracy a magnitude down to +1 sec, after regulation. I think this is achievable. I did get my Sandoz to +1.9 sec post-regulation, and they both have the same type of movement.

What about power reserve? Another nice surprise - 10 min shy of 41 hours after it was fully wound. Can't complain about that. :D

Another reason why $$$$ gen watch is a waste of money.

Dr. No

Let me guess, Minitab or SPSS?

As for rep PO being as good as the genuine, well I think this is ultimate [censored]. Don't get me wrong, I just ordered one myself, but I am seriously considering getting a gen later on, here is why:

1. Gen has a modified 2892 with co-axial escapement, a much better movement then 2824

2. Of course, waterproof -- it is a bloody diving watch, it has only two functions, one is to be waterproof (OK I am diver, biased here)

3. The markers are likely to fall off eventually, yeah you can fix it but hell I hate when this happens

4. lume isn't anywhere close to gen, can be re-lumed though

5. The alarm does not work on the rep (OK, I could not resist :lol: )