When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i can't believe rep makers are doing more SevenFridays

tyrantblade

It makes the least amount of sense out of any watch out there, i mean what do the gens cost? About $1000 (that's what I see on a WUS thread) and people buy reps nearing what $250? Around $10/$1 (retail price to rep price) i think is right around minimum ratio that makes any logical sense to me, but i guess lots of people are buying the reps, otherwise they wouldn't have just released another model 

Besides the price ratio, i just dont get the design 

I think the design lends itself to the hipsters, but im not even sure they would touch it (might not be far away enough from popularity or cost enough money)

But i guess its just me 

Well, there are persistent rumors out there, that the "rep" 7Fridays are not really reps at all, but backdoor gens. The genuine sevenfridays parts are assembled in China, or perhaps have parts produced in China. Either way I know for a fact that China is involved at some manufacturing process of the watch. 

My own guess is that the replicas are produced from stolen blueprints, but that is just my guess. This is the reason that sevenfriday has resorted to implanting some ID chip in the gen watch to differentiate it from the amazingly well made replica.

If the Chinese can produce essentially the same watch for a fraction of the price, this gives us an idea of how much the genuine watch price is inflated over cost for profitability.

I have not done a side by side between the two to justify my surmising, so my statement remains an educated guess and from information given by a specific dealer. 

Everything said, I WOULD buy the Sevenfriday V series at a $200+ price tag, but not at a $1000+ one.

The V series is very well made Mike, and wears very comfortably due to the fact that it goes along the wrist more than across it. 

I have this, and of course, did my due diligence for accuracy comparison before I bought it. It uses the same movement as the genuine watch, and other than the ID chip in the genuine (or mainstream production if you choose to believe the rumors), I have yet to see a tell in this... 

I like the P series (actually only the P1), but I would never pay $1k for a Miyota based watch. I'd rather spend that money on a nice franken...
But for $300-ish I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather get something else since I like IWC/Panerai/Rolex/AP/Patek Philippe better so I kinda agree with the OP, but in a different way :)

When the case-back basically tells you the gen might as well be a rep...and vice-versa overpriced is an understatement haha

hipsters.

Here's a link to the most affordable one...

http://new.sevenfriday.com/media/wysiwyg/PrintandTry-V2-01.pdf

Yes you do see don't you.. when it comes to the worth of this watch series, I tend to believe the sincerity of the Chinese a little more... :lol: 

How do you tell the time on it?!?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

That's why it's a conversation piece. ;)

The 0-4 in the top bar indicates the hours. The "+" is the hour hand. The number below the "+" needs to be added to the number it's pointing to. That will give the hour.

The minute hand is read the normal way.

The day and night indicator shows you if it's pm or am.

The seconds hand is read the same way as the hour hand.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Well the print-out is only right twice a day

Actually with the day and night indicator it tells the right time once a day mate. Think about it. ;).

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather