When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Disappointed With Big Bang

thomasng

I recieved my Hublot BB and I am rather disappointed for a number of reasons:

- Bezel is crooked, the brushing goes horizontally

- Lug screws are chewed up and stuck

- Clasp is loose, pops open when on the wrist.

- I got the RG version shipped to me, when I had ordered SS.

What do you think? Should it go back?

Well apart from the fact that you received the wrong model, these flaws seem a little big.....specially for that price it was given........do you have any pics?

From what you say and how you describe it........I say send it back.......if it bothers you now.....it aint gonna get much better.

I recieved my Hublot BB and I am rather disappointed for a number of reasons:

- Bezel is crooked, the brushing goes horizontally

- Lug screws are chewed up and stuck

- Clasp is loose, pops open when on the wrist.

- I got the RG version shipped to me, when I had ordered SS.

What do you think? Should it go back?

Nope, no pics as the camera is dead.

I am very disappointed, considering the price I paid for it, and the agony of waiting for it to arrive.

At the same time, I am quite pleased with the weight of the watch, and the quality of the polished and brushed surfaces. The genuine AR also makes quite a difference.

Well of course it goes back... not even the watch you ordered so a return is a given.

As for the other factors, I was worried about the screws, one of the reasons I chose to wait for a later generation before ordering. Some of the photos showed chewed up screws and I cannot stand that, nothing screams low quality more than that. Because of the funky split screws you cannot fix the bezel yourself (without makinga tool) and band that will not stay shut is of not much use... so even without factoring in the high price it sounds like an easy call to return it.

I had considered giving it a try, even if it was the wrong model, but the chewed screws and misaligned bezel were insults on top, as they are far worse flaws then anything the watch could ever have. The clasp is completely useless, as it just unlatches itself after a few minutes on the wrist. You only need a little bit of force to pull open the clasp without using the buttons. And the chrono reset was stuck when it had arrived, after toying with it for a bit the chrono started working again.

There was a reason why I didn't order the RG bezel version, because I was afraid the plating would oxidize and come off after a while. And I expected the carbon fiber of the dial to look fake, (which it did on my examination compared to my Roger Dubuis).

This is not a good experience when you start buying reps again after a hiatus.

Sucks when you get a new toy and then have to send it back to the store because it's broke?

Sounds like you're not too worried about the RG but the bezel and screws would be a deal

breaker for me unless I could get it fixed locally and have the dealer give me a break on the

next purchase to cover the reasonable cost. I bought a panny w/ ss bracelet that won't clasp

tight and I'm hoping I can file it or adjust something.. haven't really looked at it yet. There has

to be a way to fix that easily??? :bangin:

You should definitely send it back. I do not have any of the faults you mentioned regarding the watch.

However, I do agree with Admin regarding the clasp. I haven't had the watch clasp pop open on me yet, but I could see that if you wear your watches real tight and flex or [censored] your wrist hard, the clasp may pop.

While at the AD during the holidays, I did try on a gen HBB with the rubber strap. With the watch sitting on the wrist, it feels nearly the same, but the clasp is much more solid on the gen.

Other than that, I could not find any other faults with the watch....but then again I'm not one of the members who go through everything with a 10x loupe

As a consensus, yes, Admin, I think it should go back too. It would be one thing that it is the wrong model and that you can live with the mistakes, but it seemed that some of the mistakes, like previous posters said, may be a tad significant, and considered with the price that was paid on this piece, if I were you, I would. You just have to ask yourself, can you live with those mistakes day in and day out, based on the price you paid, on a model that you did not want. If not, then I would say contact the dealer and get the return going. good luck.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I got mine today, everything works and looks good! I'm sorry to hear about everyone having problems because its an otherwise awesome watch. I would not hesitate to send this back if it has any problems.