When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting 5512 "for parts" on eBay

UmpaHimself

I just came across this on eBay and wondering what you guys think. Seller states gen dial but may be refinished since the lume glows. Says the hands glow as well. Pearl is way off but insert looks pretty well aged so that's puzzling to me. The case looks interesting too. The crown guards look great in my humble opinion, very light wear but the chamfered edges look non existent. I'm no expert but it could be a phong case or something. So is this a high end genstein?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-VINTAGE-SUBMARINER-S-STEEL-REF-5512-SOLD-FOR-PARTS-WITH-NO-RESERVE-LOOK/191838659407?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36332%26meid%3Db7eee8ffcb794fab949b410fc92a9a2e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D401097357084

The Frankenwatch guys on here have put quite a few of these together...but they look better.

The description sounds like a lawyer with a mail order degree wrote it... "has many added parts"   "could be critically described as a rebuild"   "all of the parts are NOT period correct"   "the watch has good value"   "Do not purchase and then act surprised that the watch is NOT all period original"   But the crown is original and wp so no worries.

Here is what MO lawyers look like...   .:pimp: