When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

!

lovepanerai

Very nice pics!! What a beautiful watch!

Unfortunately it seems to me that the word ´Schaffhausen´ is not correctly outlined. It looks bigger than in the gen pic.

But that´s a minor detail I can live with. Just waiting for my EU dealer to have the white dial version in stock...

Can´t wait to read the review, though.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsupsmileyanim: it is a fine watch..love those black dials...

I wear mine alot and I just ordered the superlume kit from LWA over on the darkside. It will look great with superlumed hands :)

I'm trying to find a SS bracelet that will fit. I took off the SS from my UTC IWC but there is a small gap between bracelet and case :(

-bosk

• 1 month later...

How many versions of the gen are there?

This watch is very beautiful but the more I look into them the more I wonder how acurate they are.

I noticed some gens look pretty dead on to the one you have. I don't think it is the writing under the date I think its that the date is more to the outside of the watch on the rep. All the gens I have seen the outer circle if you will seems to cut through where the middle of the first number would be on a date that has more than one number.

I also see gens where the subdials are more to the middle of the watch so that the 3, 6, & 9 markers are turned longways. There are also two lume dots at 12 one on each side of the arrow head.

Anyone know whats going on with all the different gen models?

@jdknod

IWC changed the model from 39mm to 42mm around 2006, so the one you describe is the new version.

The 39mm rep of the 2005 mod and older is very close to the gen 39mm, mostly it is the missing AR that is visible.

I bought the silver dial version from River, and it is great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...