When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very Disturbing News Re: Paypal...>>>>

frankt

For anyone who wants to setup multiple paypal accounts here is all I did:

Create an account at epassporte.com

This site lets you change the name and address that appears on your credit card at will... ie I can make my credit card name "John Brown 123 Fake St, NY NY one day, then change it to Mary J Blige 4432 Main St, Capitol, AZ in just a few seconds and do it as I please).

Create a PP account with whatever info you like, match it to the epassporte info (or vice versa) and use the epassporte card to verify.

Use this account to recieve funds.

Have a different 'real' pp account.

Every time you get paid at the 'fake' account, immediately transfer to your 'real' account. If the fake one gets shut down, change your epassporte info and go again.

I have a 'real' one only becuase I dump money to my bank from it.

Worked for me... btw I didn't do this because I am selling anything that might get my pp closed, I did it becaues I was tired of getting hit with fees on every transaction... now if you pay me by cc I send you to my 'other' account where I have to pay fees to accept cc, but if you pay me by bank backed or pp funds where there is no fee involved, I have you send to my main account. Saved me a LOT in fees.

what joshua and andrew can do is set up a regular merchant account on to their site from their bank where ever they live, and we can check out with our credit cards on their sites, and no need for paypal.

Think that one through just a little bit more :whistling:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Andrew and Josh cannot accept Paypal at this time, they have both proven to be as honest as anyone could hope for and there is in no way any risk with using other payment methods. It is a bit of a drag as I have a paypal account and enjoy the simplicity of it. Not having had any problems with paypal myself, it does seem that they are roundly disliked by many, and so alternate payment methods should be considered.

this sucks! big time. i really hope josh and andrew are not in trouble and i pray they do not have alot of money frozen by paypal.... can get very expensive i'm sure! anyone still think these guys make $25000/month???? for thier sake.....i hope they do. really sorry to hear this and i hope they get back in gear shortly. paypal is my only means to buy watches without my wife knowing what i spend. these are very good people here.......if someone here filed paypal complaints on them, thanks for crushing someone's livelihood and taking money from thier families.....hope your happy :protest: :protest: :protest:

Oh NO! You mean I'm not the only one who's wife has no idea how much I spend on watches or how many I have for that matter??

If I die she's going to have fun going through my stuff... maybe i should write down which ones are gen and which are reps and costs $$$??

Oh NO! You mean I'm not the only one who's wife has no idea how much I spend on watches or how many I have for that matter??

If I die she's going to have fun going through my stuff... maybe i should write down which ones are gen and which are reps and costs $$$??

Joshua is no longer accepting PayPal - confirmed!

Money Bookers won't work for us base in the US - I went and set up a moneygram account and Joshua is helping with the fees :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yep.....I checked out Moneygram yesterday....and the good news is that I have about a dozen locations where I can receive......typical transaction of $250.00 resulted in $9.99 fee.....rate is calculated at time of sending......all you need is ID and utility bill.....don't think you can do online.....but fees are good.....I think a real alternative for US customers....!

280 locations in LA

123 locations in NY

84 locations in Ft Worth

203 locations in Chicago

Edited by TTK

be aware though that moneygram had me call them before they approved the transaction.

The ask a lot of questions like:

- is this for goods purchased

- does the seller have a website

- what is the article number of the good

etc.

Just tell them that as little as possible, say you know the person and you have dealt with him before, but DO NOT give out any info about Josh's website or anything that has to do with watches...simply say that it is non of their business or make up something inconspicuous :D

would it be possible (worst case) to just send your favorite dealer an international money order?

i've sent letters and documents in a usps global priority envelope to a lot of addresses in asia and generally they are there within 2-4 days.

a but more hassle, but money orders are cheap and so is global priority ;)

@TTK, is there any way dealers can set up US Bank account through family members/friends and they just forwared the money to you via any means you agree. This way US buyers can pay directlty to Bank without it being an oversears transaction. Dont know if this is even possible due to regulations in the US with banking since 9-11.

Of course this would have to be someone you would have to trust 100%. Not sure if this has been discussed here yet.

@Longshot.......I'm happy to look at all options.....and yes....I have had customers send me $$$ by Global Priority......Star does it on a regular basis...( his missus is very adept at checking finances.....I think....:lol).....but it must be with a signature required.

@ylltrb......I'm looking at the possibility of opening a US bank account in Bangkok.....but I'm not sure if I need to be a US citizen.....Chase / American Express and several others have branches in BK.....so does HSBC.....which has branches all over the world.....not sure if a US bank depositing in a Chase account held in BK would be considered an International Transfer.....!

Why is it we have a forum which is saturated with optometrists....pilots.....maxillofacial surgeons.....and no fargin bankers...... :blink:

@TTK What I acutally meant is that your friend/family memeber opens a US based account on his name and US memebers send the funds to that account and then he collects weekl/biweekly or whatever you agree on and he forwards you the money via means that are cheapest and more convenient. This would of course have to be someone you trust since the account would be in their name.

I would belive if banking institutions that are US based have branches in the US in your area you should be able to open an account and the account number would be reflected in their US based branches, unless their branches in Bangkok are strictly for businesses.

Edited by yllwtrb

@TTK What I acutally meant is that your friend/family memeber opens a US based account on his name and US memebers send the funds to that account

Ahh....I see......OK....who wants to step up to the plate and be the first to open a US bank account in your name....take all these funds for all these illegal items......and then send me the money whilst avoiding declaring it all on your IRS return.........come on now....don't be shy.......it can't hurt......can it.....?

I think there would be problems with a US citizen setting up a US account on behalf of one or more dealers.

You need to give them your social security number and there could be tax consequences for all of that money flowing in and out.

Plus of course there is a possibility (remote or not) of the government wondering whether all that money flowing from your account out of the country is perhaps intended to support terrorism.

That it actually goes to support a relatively innocuous activiity such as commerce in counterfeit watches would not do you much good either.

I was not sure if doing it would be a possiblity or what kind of retributions this could brings. You have brought up some good points though. Uncle Sam will def want to know what you are doing with all that money.

I think there would be problems with a US citizen setting up a US account on behalf of one or more dealers.

You need to give them your social security number and there could be tax consequences for all of that money flowing in and out.

Plus of course there is a possibility (remote or not) of the government wondering whether all that money flowing from your account out of the country is perhaps intended to support terrorism.

That it actually goes to support a relatively innocuous activiity such as commerce in counterfeit watches would not do you much good either.

@Longshot.......I'm happy to look at all options.....and yes....I have had customers send me $$$ by Global Priority......Star does it on a regular basis...( his missus is very adept at checking finances.....I think....:lol).....but it must be with a signature required.

neil i have a big pile of this money with saddam's picture on it. it's really colorful! would that work?

luckily i no longer have a missus to check my finances :whistling:

Hi ALL

I waited for some time before I wanted to post this.

About 5 days back, PAYPAL manager called me (using the number on my other account) and told me to STOP selling watches and accepting payment for that via PAYPAL. Failure to do so will result in further action (e.g shutdown of PP account etc etc.).

I will like you guys to know that PAYPAL is now clamping hard on this. Account Manager from PAYPAL even told me that they are monitoring the Forums. Guess any other dealers could be hit soon or have been hit. Joshua and I seriously think that we should move away from PAYPAL mode if you can.

There are still tons of payment modes.. Bank Wire, WU, No Chex, MoneyGram etc which you guys can use.. Why jeopardise our safety of us and our families over a PAYPAL payment for a watch? LOL...

To end off... Joshua and I will like to thank all who emailed to offer solutions, consolations and also tried using other funds payment. We truly appreciate the extra mile from you guys.

Catch you later..

ANDREW

(on behalf of Joshua too)

Hi ALL

I waited for some time before I wanted to post this.

About 5 days back, PAYPAL manager called me (using the number on my other account) and told me to STOP selling watches and accepting payment for that via PAYPAL. Failure to do so will result in further action (e.g shutdown of PP account etc etc.).

I will like you guys to know that PAYPAL is now clamping hard on this. Account Manager from PAYPAL even told me that they are monitoring the Forums. Guess any other dealers could be hit soon or have been hit. Joshua and I seriously think that we should move away from PAYPAL mode if you can.

There are still tons of payment modes.. Bank Wire, WU, No Chex, MoneyGram etc which you guys can use.. Why jeopardise our safety of us and our families over a PAYPAL payment for a watch? LOL...

To end off... Joshua and I will like to thank all who emailed to offer solutions, consolations and also tried using other funds payment. We truly appreciate the extra mile from you guys.

Catch you later..

ANDREW

(on behalf of Joshua too)

moneybookers...moneybookers...moneybookers...

I believe the dealers may still be offering Paypal to selected customers. It's how I'd do it in their place.

However, if I were buying from them and they offered me a paypal account in spite of the fact they were openly telling people they no longer accepted paypal, I'd not mention it. :D

I agree Pug!

;-) A wink is as good as a nudge!

Paypal also locked two of my accounts, because someone who bought a watch from me on here posted a LINK to the for sale forum on this site! Locked and gone for good. Also spoke with the owner of Timeswiss.com, his accounts were all locked, and they had to start using a payment gateway to accept funds. I feel sorry for everyone whose payments were frozen for 180 days. Paypal is pretty lame.

Just read a thread over at the "darkside" about Paypal shutting off Andrew and Josh.....Major bummer!! :wounded1: :wounded1: :wounded1:

Lets look at the bright side, we can use this as an opportunity to save some money :winkiss:

Has anyone that uses moneybookers been hit with a cash advance fee? I heard those are pretty big and it would be cheaper via other sources such as WU. I heard that banks and credit cards do cash advance because moneybookers is used widely in gambling and crediting your account is the same thing as throwing down money...