When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about 1570 mov.

lorenzo1910

Hi all,

I'm new here... My name is Lorenzo and I live in Italy...

A friend of mine would like to sell a gen Rolex 1501 without movement (as far as I know it should be fitted with a 1570)

I have a simple question for you : is there any chance I could fit any rep movement (or any gen ETA) in that case?

The watch has everything but the movement (Case,Bracelet,Dial,Hands,Crown,Bezel...)

Anybody could help?

Many thanks!

Edited by lorenzo1910

Many thanks for your kind reply...

I suppose that I should buy a new set of hands since the gen Rolex hands won't fit the ETA 2824-2, am I right?

Am I going to find some other interface/physical issues as far as you know? What about the crown-to-movement interface? Does it need any adapter?

Many thanks again for your support!

1 hour ago, lorenzo1910 said:

Many thanks for your kind reply...

I suppose that I should buy a new set of hands since the gen Rolex hands won't fit the ETA 2824-2, am I right?

Am I going to find some other interface/physical issues as far as you know? What about the crown-to-movement interface? Does it need any adapter?

Many thanks again for your support!

you'll need the correct eta movement ring, eta hands, and an eta stem. the original rolex crown can fit on the eta stem.

Many thanks to you too!

Now everything looks (much) clear to me (hope so)

One more question (please be patient guys...) :

"alligoat" has mentioned rafflestime hence I guess he's a trusted seller... anybody has any feedback of the part seller "raffles dials"? I need a Tudor Prince case for a side project (Yuki Watch shop looks off line at the moment...) or may you suggest a part seller that has Tudor (gen or rep) parts?

Thank you...

Yes he joined our Trusted Dealers a few months ago, but I have bought from him quite a few times as have other guys. Sometimes, especially for parts one has to get them where one can. Only once did I have a problem ordering from Ken/Rafflestime. He shipped the wrong part and when I informed him and asked him what he would like me to do, he told me to keep the wrong part and sent me the correct part free of charge.

Try www.yukiwatch.net, it worked for me just now. Yuki is not a TD here, but many of us have bought parts from them.

2 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

"Yes he joined our Trusted Dealers a few months ago, but I have bought from him quite a few times as have other guys. Sometimes, especially for parts one has to get them where one can. Only once did I have a problem ordering from Ken/Rafflestime..."

Sorry... I wasn't asking for Raffles Time feedback (since he has been mentionet by alligoat I'm sure he's a Trusted Seller/Dealer) I was asking news/feedback for "Raffles Dial" (guess has no relation with Raffles Time...)

Thank you....