When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received King's 7750 Carrera

verbal

Got back today from a business trip and found the receipt of a FedEx package waiting for me at the postoffice :-)

All the excitement and feel good mood on my way to the postoffice.. most of you would recognize the feeling :whistling:

But after opening the well packed envelope and after a closer look, dissapointment pushed away the feel good mood.. This time it's not the datefont but more the "chrome" finish on both the sub-dials that bothers me...

Seems that the upper half is OK, but where the "chrome" ring lays over the lower half the dial the paints 'bleeds' through.... hmmmm

Hope you guys have better luck, I've send King an mail, hopefully she's able to replace the dial, sad because the overall quality is beyond expectation and it's definately a keeper !

183231-6667.jpg

183231-6668.jpg

The price of being an early adopter :wounded1:

Damn, I geuss nobody was anticipating this.. It does look bad and it bothers me more than the datefont.

I find it hard to believe there will be a second generation to fix this flaw (and perhaps the datefont) it's not a "hot" rep as the Pans and Ingy's out there.

We'll stick to the old saying: a rep is a rep... learn to live with the flaws :wounded1:

Just wait for one of the other versions. This flaw is going to be limited to this particular dial. It is because the circular lines engraved in the outer band continue into the silver ring of the subdial. The other dials do not have this outer band. As for mine, yes it does have the flaw, but it doesn't bother me that much. Although very apparent when magnified it is not that visable on the wrist. If King ever does get a correct dial, I will ask her for one to replace this one, but it has not diminished my enjoyment of this piece. Also, no one I have shown the watch to has noticed this flaw unless I pointed it out, of course these people aren't us.

Just wait for one of the other versions. This flaw is going to be limited to this particular dial. It is because the circular lines engraved in the outer band continue into the silver ring of the subdial. The other dials do not have this outer band.

True, hoping there won't be other flaws. :whistling:

As for mine, yes it does have the flaw, but it doesn't bother me that much. Although very apparent when magnified it is not that visable on the wrist. If King ever does get a correct dial, I will ask her for one to replace this one, but it has not diminished my enjoyment of this piece. Also, no one I have shown the watch to has noticed this flaw unless I pointed it out, of course these people aren't us.

Absolutely agreed, it's hardly noticeable at 3x.