When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Po At Josh's Site?

chad

So just how decent is the Aisa movement compared to the one in the "Ultimate"??

Is it worth paying the extra $110.00 for?

It says Asian copy of a 2824-2 movement, so I have no idea what movement is actually in it. With this movement, you more than likely will be unable to install the gen hands on an Asian movement, but would be able to do it with an ETA movement.

It's exactly like it's ETA cousin, everything but the price....could be very tempting.....

It says Asian copy of a 2824-2 movement, so I have no idea what movement is actually in it. With this movement, you more than likely will be unable to install the gen hands on an Asian movement, but would be able to do it with an ETA movement.

It's exactly like it's ETA cousin, everything but the price....could be very tempting.....

Ok so lets say one had no intention of putting the gen hands on the rep. Which would be the smart way to go. This is going to be my next purchase now I just have to decide on which movement would be better..you know the old pay now...pay later thing??

Ok so lets say one had no intention of putting the gen hands on the rep. Which would be the smart way to go. This is going to be my next purchase now I just have to decide on which movement would be better..you know the old pay now...pay later thing??

For the price, great deal. Again, I'm no expert here on movements, so I am nto sure how reliable the movement is (remember - you get what you paid for). But if this has the same offerings of its ETA cousin, then yeah, I would go for it - looks very very tempting !

hmmm.. very tempting.......

I do believe that the Co-axial movement in the genuine Planet Oceans actually makes the movement a bit more juddery than a normal 28k movement? I wonder then if the asian movement will be more like this? If its reliable it could be a fantastic bargain!!!!

So just how decent is the Aisa movement compared to the one in the "Ultimate"??

Is it worth paying the extra $110.00 for?

dang...

i ordered my ultimate last weekand it's in the mail :black_eye:

but the only asian 21J watch i have owned did have problems so i'm still happy!

i talked to joshua about the rubber strap and he is considering ordering the strap for his genuine planet ocean and there is a chance he will use it to make a rep 22mm rubber strap :yu:

I want 2 buy mine.. but Josh isn't answering my messages. Does he allways takes long to answer?

I REALLY NEED MINE!!!!! :throb: PLEASE PLEASE

almost all of our dealers are having serious paypal problems and internet/email problems because of the undersea earthquake that cut the fibre optics cable.

business may take longer than normal for a while :mellow:

almost all of our dealers are having serious paypal problems and internet/email problems because of the undersea earthquake that cut the fibre optics cable.

business may take longer than normal for a while :mellow:

NO NO NO..... just when I decided which watch I wanted!

Edited by Diego

hmmm.. very tempting.......

I do believe that the Co-axial movement in the genuine Planet Oceans actually makes the movement a bit more juddery than a normal 28k movement? I wonder then if the asian movement will be more like this? If its reliable it could be a fantastic bargain!!!!

Doubt it... it's listed at 28k so should be same smoothness as ETA... damn... the spoils to those who wait :)

Doubt it... it's listed at 28k so should be same smoothness as ETA... damn... the spoils to those who wait :)

I went ahead and e-mailed Josh about this movement and to see if there were any other differences, besides the movement, between the new Asian model and it's ETA sibling. He wrote back stating the following:

"Only the movt is different..everything else is the same.. The watch need a higher pinnion for the needles due to the movt.. these are the differences.

The movt is a Chinses copy of the 2824... 28800bph... Reliablity is defnitely there cos every production of movt is 10,000 pcs."

To confirm if the date font is the same between the two, he confirmed it - "Yes the date font is the same... "

So, for $110, seems like a great deal. May have to venture into getting the Black 45 PO with this movement.