When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting problem found with the asian 2836-2

mymanmatt

Sorry no pics. So the other day I had serviced an asian 2836-2. The numbers were great. speed +5 sec, amplitude 280, beat error 0.0. I installed the rotor assy. To my surprise amplitude dropped to 240. After scratching my head for a bit, i found it. 2 screws hold the rotor assy on the baseplate. One is by the balance bridge. To my surprise the bridge on the rotor assy overlapped the balance bridge, slightly. When I tightened the screw on the rotor bridge, it actually put the slightest amount of pressure on the balance bridge. Never saw it before. I cut the rotor bridge back slightly so it cleared the balance bridge. Installed it, and amplitude back to 280. I cked a couple of other asian rotor assy, same thing.  That may slowly develop into a bigger problem and may eventually stop the movement. Just thought I would share.

• Like 1

Where else are you going to find a watch forum where we freely give away details like that?

That's what I love about this place. :tu:

What, you mean they are free? Ok the gold bars I sent at your demand when I joined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Legend said:

What, you mean they are free? Ok the gold bars I sent at your demand when I joined! emoji14.png

Oh, um, *cough* those were, um, *cough* User Convenience  tokens of appreciation.

And boy did I appreciate them!  :bangin:

Never come across that before, but have come across the Swiss STP 1-11 auto wind bridge not fitting an ETA 28XX movement.  The screw hole (stem side) doesn't align.

• Thanks 1