When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Railmaster Xxl Replacement Strap?

marrickvilleboy

hey guys....

I have the Omega railmaster XXL, which is a very very nice watch - I just serviced it but i feel that the strap that came with it is poor. I would like to swap it out for a better strap. The lug size is 24mm, so i'm looking at a fairly large strap (panerai sized), does anyone know any good nice black/dark brown straps that you would recommend?

thanks in advance!

Good thread! I'm having precisely the same dilemma - the rep strap is nasty, it's looks thin and varnished. More importantly, it's just not right for that watch.

But what to pick! :g:

im glad i'm not the only one suffering from this strap issue. It doesnt fit my wrist that well either, so definitely time to get another, let me know when you get a new strap, and i'll do the same. I'm thinking maybe dark brown....padded...its gotta be thick - the one that came with the watch is too thin.

I did not like the strap it came with so I looked at some extras I had and tried this one. It is a Watch Prince and inexpensive but it looks and feels great so this is what I use. (Poor picture from an old camera but the black textured strap looks good in person.)

186761-5710.jpg

Usil

I don't think there's anything nicer than a tan or brown double stitched strap......!

BTW....the Omega deployant clasp is one of the most poorly designed clasps I've seen.....it doesn't matter how you try to adjust it....it always looks odd because it's a single fold and has to accomodate the doubled thickness of the strap you choose...which makes it offset........I replaced mine with a double fold deployant from Banda.com.......much better and more substantial design...it won't 'pop' off your wrist.....and looks much more elegant....if I could just get one with the Omega logo.....but no hardship.....I'd rather have the comfort fit....!

BANDA DOUBLE FOLD DEPLOYANT

186767-5709.jpg

Edited by TTK