When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Monaco - Venus Or 7750 Movement?

TmeShare

I wonder why there is no Tag Heuer Monaco with a working chronograph other than for quartz movements?

It would appear that a Paul Newman Blue Dial Monaco could be done with the Venus/Lemania Movement as it has 2 subdials and the 3 subdial Monaco could be done with the Asian 7750.

They make a Carerra with the 7750 which is a less popular model than the Monaco based on Tag Heuer's sales!!

TimeShare

I wonder why there is no Tag Heuer Monaco with a working chronograph other than for quartz movements?

It would appear that a Paul Newman Blue Dial Monaco could be done with the Venus/Lemania Movement as it has 2 subdials and the 3 subdial Monaco could be done with the Asian 7750.

Nope. There's the 6'o'clock date which kills the idea.

187358-5561.jpg

i had a gen tag monaco black face and i love the watch and the strap i ended up selling the watch due to someone making me an offer that i could not refuse. If a rep came out that was automatic i would jump all over it... reading some of these posts maybe i should build one...??????? Another project, maybe i should finish the Pam196 with 7753 transplant first.

bean

• 2 weeks later...

I have a gen w/ the brown dal, which I love...and the 2894 is a great movement.

What I don't understand is why they don't rep the non-chrono version that came out last year. IMO, the Monaco is a much classier watch than the idiotic golf watch, the link, etc all of which have been accurately repped.

i had a gen tag monaco black face and i love the watch and the strap i ended up selling the watch due to someone making me an offer that i could not refuse. If a rep came out that was automatic i would jump all over it... reading some of these posts maybe i should build one...??????? Another project, maybe i should finish the Pam196 with 7753 transplant first.

bean

Hey Bean - 196 swap from 7750 to 7753 can't be done, since the date cutout is positioned slightly different and larger I believe

as for the Monaco: I would love to see a nice replica of it....