When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decent 124060 Rep

Solaris13man

I thought the BPF Factory was chinese for the BP factory! Maybe it's another factory altogether- it's hard to keep all of these factories straight.

Since the rep factories have never made a decent 14060 or it's later iterations, why would anyone expect them to start now?

Nevertheless, this one from Andrew doesn't look too bad to me

ROLSUB0378 - Submariner 124060LN 41mm SS/SS Blk BPF A3230 [ROLSUB0378] - $328.00 : Trusty Time Watch, Your Trusty Watch Shop

Of course, I wouldn't get the 3230 movement, I'd downgrade $50 to the asian 2824-2. For $278 I figure it's going to be as close as you're going to get at this point.

"...I wouldn't get the 3230 movement, I'd downgrade $50 to the asian 2824-2. For $278."

That is very good advice...unless someone wants to wear the watch upside down without the case back or with a see-through case back to show it off.  Ha!

Imho the rlx 31xx clones and Asian clones in general are a gamble at best, especially now with slow/no deliveries from Asia and NO PARTS for most genuine watches, much less clones. 

Otoh, I have seen new Asian 31xx clones for around $200 USD so if you need anything it will cost around $200+/-. 

Need a balance assembly?

Only $200.

Need a reverser?

Only $200.

Need that odd-cod screw you flipped into space?

Only $200.

I know some genuine rlx 31xx parts will work but that is a slippery slope.  How long before you decide to make the clone 'mostly genuine'...for 'only' $1500?

It happens.

Common swiss ETA 28xx are getting more expensive but at least they are still available and parts are not too hard to find...yet.  Swiss made etaclones are much better that Asian etaclones imho but parts may be a problem for many of the swisserta clones too.  A few US few parts supply houses offer Sellita parts but that's about it for now.

I would much rather have watch with a dead swisseta than a watch with a dead Asian eta/rolex clone.

Otoh, I have used Asian etaclone 28xx autowind assemblies on swiss 28xx etas with good luck.  Not had a whole lot of luck with the running part of Asian etaclone movements.  I will admit some are better than others though. 

Btw...

I put a see-through case back on my 'shortcut 1655' with rlx 1570/75 so if I drop under the radar it will not get tossed in the trash along with the rest of my repjunk.  Hopefully.

Note...I wear it right side up.

Most of the time.   🙃

• 1 year later...

So, to bring this ancient thread back to life... Has anyone see a decent 124060 available? I believe clean has one, but the movement is for the date version and the crown has 2 positions

Question for the experts:

Does the 124060 set the time in the same direction (backwards from previous sub/sd movements) as the ETA/AETA or is it opposite like previous versions of the *4060? I know the latest 126660 sets the time in reverse than previous SD versions (the same as ETA, i.e setting the time by turning the crown CW moves the minute hand back, CCW moves the minute hand forward).