When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scams... Or Here?

offshore

Don't know where to post this... maybe a mod can move it if its wrong! :p

Some may know of my obsession with fakes being posted on ebay!

I have followed this for some years, and must have reported thousands... to see most just go to end of auction... and another poor bastard get ripped ( and hate reps even more)

I don't think it does our (your) hobby much good, ( I don't collect any more)

Tonite I went to my ebay sniping programme to find I have succeded in having 5 blatant reps , taken off ebay. ( All finishing within the next 24 hours... and all that I had on report.... 100% hit rate.... 1st time over maybe 10%)

A change in policy at the 'bay??

Or has a squeaky wheel, finally got some oil??

Or.....just a statistical glitch??

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours as I have another 7 on report, which finish tomorrow.

Have made a lot of noise at ebay over the last years, with nary a response.

Interesting..................

Offshore

I couldn't be happier to see some sorry uneducated gullible soccer-mom or soccer-dad waste their money like that on ebay. Most falsified auctions and scam dealers are easy to spot with a little common sense and logical investigation - something which should be attempted at the prices for the watches.

People who fall for most of these things, honestly, deserve it. A lot of uproar may be caused over my post, but honestly. I was about to get scammed myself on a bogus replica site for $1400 but my instincts kept me from doing it. If you exercise some restraint and common sense, consult others over the internet, you will have success. I do not think people should "impulse buy" $5000 clocks on ebay.

wtf.

You cannot be serious. :thumbdown:

My jeweler had the not so pleasant experience of telling 23 people in 2006 who brought their Rolexs in for insurance apprasals that they had been sold replicas. I feel sorry for each and every one of them. Not everyone is a skeptic and cynical. Some people actually trust others and can't believe someone would be capible of outright deception.

As one of the eyes of the replica community, I feel great about the seasoned members of this board looking out for scams. We collect replicas for a lot of reasons but not to make fools out of others and certainly to never pass off a replica as a genuine for profit. Keep up the good work.

Good work Alan.......and keep it up.......I used to sell on the bay....but that was at a time when it wasn't frowned upon.....I always sold at rep prices and advertised as reps......so no great hassle...people KNEW what they were buying........however Ebayers who attempt to scam people out of serious money for rep goods deserve horse whipping with a Clydesdale.........JMO.

@Corgi.......get serious.....will ya.....abuse is never DESERVED ......some people are ignorant buyers and work on the basis of trust.......that's like saying a dog deserves to be kicked...because it trusts you to put food in it's plate....gives you it's trust.....and you abuse it.......!

I have followed this for some years, and must have reported thousands... to see most just go to end of auction... and another poor bastard get ripped ( and hate reps even more)

Tonite I went to my ebay sniping programme to find I have succeded in having 5 blatant reps , taken off ebay. ( All finishing within the next 24 hours... and all that I had on report.... 100% hit rate.... 1st time over maybe 10%)

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours as I have another 7 on report, which finish tomorrow.

Offshore

Interesting.

@Corgi.......get serious.....will ya.....abuse is never DESERVED ......some people are ignorant buyers and work on the basis of trust.......that's like saying a dog deserves to be kicked...because it trusts you to put food in it's plate....gives you it's trust.....and you abuse it.......!

Neil as far as Korgi’s concerned – Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometime. ;)

JTB

I am an expert on the scam sites. I have more knowledge than anyone here regarding the operations of the scam sites except the scammers themselves. I was ripped off twice before finding this site and the other two. I will be happy to consult with anyone, in reference to retribution,needing assistance. If you're a shill, do not contact me, I will quickly figure you out. Regards. :victory:

Edited by Torques

I couldn't be happier to see some sorry uneducated gullible soccer-mom or soccer-dad waste their money like that on ebay. Most falsified auctions and scam dealers are easy to spot with a little common sense and logical investigation - something which should be attempted at the prices for the watches.

People who fall for most of these things, honestly, deserve it. A lot of uproar may be caused over my post, but honestly. I was about to get scammed myself on a bogus replica site for $1400 but my instincts kept me from doing it. If you exercise some restraint and common sense, consult others over the internet, you will have success. I do not think people should "impulse buy" $5000 clocks on ebay.

no one deserves to get ripped off. almost sounds like you are defending the scammers. or maybe you are one of them. treat other as you wish to be treated. good things come to good people. bad things come to bad people. people are not stupid for not knowing what to look for to tell if it's a rep or genuine. they simply do not know.

@offshore.... thanks for looking out and helping people to not get ripped off. your a good man.

For someone who says:

I actually live in Canada... but I dream of moving to AMERICA one day.

I really don't understand this person. :thumbdown:

I am repeating my earlier post in a different way, I believe my intent wasn't made clear. I have lots of knowledge and experience, through approximately 160 hours of investigation, regarding the operations of the scam sites. I was ripped off twice before finding this site and the other two. I will be happy to consult with anyone needing assistance, in reference to retribution. If you're a shill, do not contact me, I will quickly figure you out. I tried to help a member here a few months ago. Because I had to verify a little bit of information about them, they got paranoid and avoided me. Maybe they believed buying reps was illegal.

Regards. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Torques

I am repeating my earlier post in a different way, I believe my intent wasn't made clear. I have lots of knowledge and experience, through approximately 160 hours of investigation, regarding the operations of the scam sites. I was ripped off twice before finding this site and the other two. I will be happy to consult with anyone needing assistance, in reference to retribution. If you're a shill, do not contact me, I will quickly figure you out. I tried to help a member here a few months ago. Because I had to verify a little bit of information about them, they got paranoid and avoided me. Maybe they believed buying reps was illegal.

Regards. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

had to look "shill" up in a dictionary :D :

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

A quick up date- 5 of the 7 I had reported which were finishing in this 24 hr period were knocked ( and the other 2 still have some hours to run.)

Maybe there is hope yet... wonder if its me, or are Ebay ( at least in OZ) giving more general creedence to reports?

Will have to report a few O/S and see what happens.

If it is just Ebay being more diligent, it will only because GAF & friends are giving them grief! ( Cynical old me)

Offshore

had to look "shill" up in a dictionary :D :

A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by confidence artists.

Affirmative.

• 3 weeks later...

I needed to revisit this... my success rate has been excellent of late... probably 3 in 4.

Tonite I reported an Omega, which was only questionable to the layman ( just a wrong description.. and a "good" seller) and it was pulled within 2 hours! This has NEVER happened before!

I sit here wondering if ebays' increased recognition, has any correlation to the increased endeavours of PP?

ie, If I keep winding up ebay, am I also increasing PP's surveillance?

Thoughts?

Offshore

I needed to revisit this... my success rate has been excellent of late... probably 3 in 4.

Tonite I reported an Omega, which was only questionable to the layman ( just a wrong description.. and a "good" seller) and it was pulled within 2 hours! This has NEVER happened before!

I sit here wondering if ebays' increased recognition, has any correlation to the increased endeavours of PP?

Thoughts?

Offshore

Wow. :victory:

Thoughts?

Offshore

I would seriously think about it, offshore.

I see it more likely eBay/PP people just scream "Hey, we are plagued with reps!" than distinguishing between fair price rep selling and scam price rep selling...

Offshore

An interesting item recently appeared on the Bay ..item no 160086071848..Pan 127.. at £3000GBP Buy it Now!

I have e-mailed this character : who specifies this 'genuine' Panerai with glorious English prose...BUT..replies to me in German , with a picture of the 127 certificate of authenticity etc with the serial numbers NOT revealed..(I had asked him for the serial number and any Panerai dealer history. I then asked what the scam was. Have a look and comment please, because I think this person with a feedback of 1! is a very serious FRAUDSTER.