When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Bce From Angus

Bignasty

Received this beauty yesterday and all I can say is I am delighted. Took only 4 or so days to arrive from payment to my door. AR is superb. Weight is very nice. Dial is gorgeous. One of the best reps I've seen, hands down. I went over it, removed every screw I could and applied Loc-tite to avoid any future issues. Enough words I'll let the photos do the talking.

Thanks a bunch Angus and when you get the SuperOcean Steelfish available I'm in for sure!

Cheers

194218-4279.jpg

194218-4280.jpg

194218-4281.jpg

194218-4282.jpg

194218-4283.jpg

194218-4284.jpg

194218-4285.jpg

194218-4286.jpg

194218-4287.jpg

Edited by Bignasty

Wonderful pics! As far as I can see my pre-ordered grey/ black EVO is way off. Probably I will choose the grapphite version instead. That chrono is a beauty, really :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Shlutz,

Why do you think the grey dail w/ black subs is way off? Is it because of the pics Angus posted or somthing else? I was looking to the grey black too...

Beautiful watch btw....

Received this beauty yesterday and all I can say is I am delighted. Took only 4 or so days to arrive from payment to my door. AR is superb. Weight is very nice. Dial is gorgeous. One of the best reps I've seen, hands down. I went over it, removed every screw I could and applied Loc-tite to avoid any future issues. Enough words I'll let the photos do the talking.

Thanks a bunch Angus and when you get the SuperOcean Steelfish available I'm in for sure!

Cheers

194372-4222.jpg

194372-4223.jpg

194372-4224.jpg

194372-4225.jpg

194372-4226.jpg

194372-4227.jpg

194372-4228.jpg

194372-4229.jpg

194372-4230.jpg

welcome to the graphite club my friend , im still in amazement how beautiful it really is, wear it well, the cool thing is it feels like gen. huh?

joe

Congratulations.. It is indeed a beauty. :)

How are the bezel-clicks, nice and firm I hope?

Bezel clicks are very nice and very firm. Alignment seems good too.

welcome to the graphite club my friend , im still in amazement how beautiful it really is, wear it well, the cool thing is it feels like gen. huh?

joe

yeah it feels great, though I know yours must feel better knowing it has the ETA movement beating inside!

PS> I sent out that crown today Joe! Let me know if you can do anything with it.

Looks great. Nice pics too. I am eagerly awaiting one as well. :whistling:

yeah joing the BEC brotherhood man, whats your hang up , lmao

and bignasty , will do

btw i have the asian as well and it is doing just fine other than the one little winder issue, btw. Angus said he would source me a new winder and send it out soon as he does, so no worries, my brother probably will be getting my asian one anyways, he loves it , hell he is worse than me over it , lmao for the record , the asian chronos have been running stopping and starting since day one and still resets perfect everytime , but i still if u can i would recommend the swiss always before the asian but the asian is holding its own so far

joe

Shlutz,

Why do you think the grey dail w/ black subs is way off? I

Shlutz? Who is that? :D Better let shultz reply:

There is no contrast on the dial like the real deal. The pics are damn clear and I assume the dial isn't close to the gen. Just my two cent.

Shlutz? Who is that? :D Better let shultz reply:

There is no contrast on the dial like the real deal. The pics are damn clear and I assume the dial isn't close to the gen. Just my two cent.

lol...Sorry :bangin: . I know the pics are clear but I'm just hoping and wishing that the colors came out wrong or Angus photographed the wrong one :) ...but yeah, that just wishful thinking cause I love the grey dial!

Maybe its just the pics but it looks like the graphite dial has black subdials? On the Breitling website the graphite with the red Automatic has the same subdial color as the rest of the dial, not black. Im not able to find it in the Breitling 06 Chronolog either. Im sure its possible they make other versions not listed in the catalog/website. Does anyone have any gen pics with the darker subdials on the graphite dial?

This is the slate grey version, not the graphite. This is a correct color combination.

If this is the slate version w/ black dials , the "AUTOMATIC" text should be in white. If it is the graphite version the red text is correct but the dial and subdials should be the same graphite grey color.

Beautiful watch and looks well made.

I think that JohnD23 is correct. The watch is a looker - but the dial is wrong. This is not the slate grey version. Only one BCE has the red lettering - the graphite verison. The subdials are supposed to be graphite as well - not black. I think that the dials got a little mixed up. The slate grey version with grey subdials is probably actually the graphite version but with white lettering.

Anyway - that is how this all looks to have turned out. some slight discrepancies. if you want the graphite coloring - get the grey version. You will just avhe the wrong markers and no red lettering.

Let me know if anyone agrees. Maybe i am just seeing things

One of my long time friends has the gen model with the red lettering. I plan on doing a side by side comparison soon. It’s really hard to capture the true color of the dial with a camera. My photo skills are very amateur to say the least but this dial has a tendency to appear many different colors depending on the lighting and angle.

Either way I love the watch. Absolutely stunning the quality this piece has. When the different dial versions become available I may pick up another but this time with the ETA movement.

:victory:

One of my long time friends has the gen model with the red lettering. I plan on doing a side by side comparison soon. It’s really hard to capture the true color of the dial with a camera. My photo skills are very amateur to say the least but this dial has a tendency to appear many different colors depending on the lighting and angle.

Either way I love the watch. Absolutely stunning the quality this piece has. When the different dial versions become available I may pick up another but this time with the ETA movement.

Absolutely, my post was just a question for what the subdials looked like in person as I do know pictures arent always accurate. 100% accurate or not it is still a beautiful watch. I have a white dial on order and will probably pick up this graphite dial as well.

i just looked on ebay and watchco appears to have dozens of nos dials?

in more color combos than i could keep track of. the burgandy with gold is actually kind of cool :)

does anyone know if these will fit the reps??

i might buy a dial just in case i decide on a rep...

When the different dial versions become available I may pick up another but this time with the ETA movement.

I agree. With the quality and manufacturing that went into this rep, it's a keeper. It seems worth it to get the ETA. Only hard part is choosing which color dial. :D

Anyone know if there will be revised numeral dial versions available as well?

Finally, my Breit collection can start trying catching up to my Pams! (Not possible but I'm willing to give it a shot. lol)

Great review. I got mine last week from angus and its top notch!! I just had it pressure tested and it passed at 10 bar so am pretty pleased that I don't have to worry too much around water.

I got the asian movement and its as quiet as the swiss 7750 in my swiss watch. I was a bit concerned about that as in some posts I read it sounded much louder.

Anyone know if the Steelfish he's offering is from the same factory? If it is I might be in for that as well..

I think that JohnD23 is correct. The watch is a looker - but the dial is wrong. This is not the slate grey version. Only one BCE has the red lettering - the graphite verison. The subdials are supposed to be graphite as well - not black. I think that the dials got a little mixed up. The slate grey version with grey subdials is probably actually the graphite version but with white lettering.

Anyway - that is how this all looks to have turned out. some slight discrepancies. if you want the graphite coloring - get the grey version. You will just avhe the wrong markers and no red lettering.

Let me know if anyone agrees. Maybe i am just seeing things

A quick peek at the Chronolog price list reveals that you are correct.

Dial #742 is the graphite dial with GRAPHITE sub-dials... red lettering.

Dial #748 is the Slate-grey dial with BLACK sub-dials... white lettering.

Hmph.

A pity no-body caught this.

Still a beautiful rep... but the dial color/lettering is a dead giveaway.