When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rate My Rolex ^_^

luckyman

I'm just new here in rwg so i hope i don't get flamed that bad..

i just recently bought a rolex 16610 rep from a friend so thought i would post pics here and find out what you guys think of it, i want your honest opinion on the watch so i can learn more.. i'm starting to get into watches recently and planning to build a high quality rep collection.. cheers! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

194568-4180.jpg

194568-4181.jpg

194568-4182.jpg

194568-4183.jpg

It's not too bad but still has a few of the common prob's.........CG's look around the right height but could be shaped a little better, M's are not in line, Cyclops not 2.5 mag, pearl. inside of 4 on bezel etc etc.........

Ken

damn are my eyes playing tricks on me? i thought the cyclops was 2.5x mag.. when i look at it from one eye the date fits just right.. thanks for the reply.. good thing i got this thing for cheap ^_^

How much is cheap?

The date mag looks too large.

It's not too bad but still has a few of the common prob's.........CG's look around the right height but could be shaped a little better, M's are not in line, Cyclops not 2.5 mag, pearl. inside of 4 on bezel etc etc.........

Ken

Ken, what are you referring to when you comment on the Ms not being in line? First time i've heard of this flaw.

You are indeed a lucky man. This looks like an excellent foundation for modding. Here's my rating:

No.1 the thick crystal is perfect. Look how high it sits above the bezel. That's good and rare. I doubt if TW Best of MBW is even this good looking. Look at the gen's crystal. Yours just as good. That's rare.

194975-3961.jpg

No.2 the date mag is OK. It could be a little large because of the photography. But look at this gen. Doesn't it look about the same mag as yours? If your's off, it's only very slightly. I won't do a thing about the date mag. The date font might be a little too bold. If it bothers you, put a noobmariner datewheel overlay on it. $10.

194975-3962.jpg

No.3 the CGs are fat but it means there's a lot of metal to work with to get it down to the right shape. One modern sub rep has certain parts of the CGS too thin and there's no way to get them right whatsover.

No.4 the rehaut is not deep enough but decent and not too conical. Nothing you can do, nothing to worry either.

No.5 the bezel teeth too angled down, get a better one when you have a chance. Not very noticeable. A better one will make it look more handsome. That's all.

No.6 bezel insert is not good enough on any sub rep. So get a better one from Palp or Joe or the cheap Jewelery Tools insert ($15 shipped)

No.7 dial is ok but can use a noobmariner dial. $8 only.

No.8 SELs of the bracelet are too long. They should be shorter than the lugs, totally inside the lugs.

No.9 crown is low on the case when viewed from the side. It should be higher. Look at the gen's crown in relation to the bezel. Nothing you can do about that. It's a common problem with all sub reps. The best in this department is the noobmariner, followed by TW Best and MBW.

194975-3963.jpg

Don't give it up because it's $36. It's an excellent foundation next to the TW Best or MBW which are what 10 times more?

-bm

Edited by bklm1234