When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5 Hours And Counting......

triplehd

To all my fellow football (American football that is) fans in the US as well as around the world - today is SUPERBOWL XLI.

What will everyone be doing for the big game? Anyone going? Hell, more importantly, what will you be wearing for the big game?

I will be sporting my gen SuperOcean (and of course, after I buy the gen, they come out with the kick-ass rep :angry: ) drinking it up while rooting for my team -

CHICAGO BEARS

196140-3043.jpg

GO COLTS!!!

I am so devastated by today's loss from the Bears in the Superbowl, that I even told my wife that even a new watch - gen or rep - wouldn't put a happy face on me. That'ts how much I am devastated...that's how much I love the game.....that's how [censored] I am at my Bears right now.....

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

I am so devastated by today's loss from the Bears in the Superbowl, that I even told my wife that even a new watch - gen or rep - wouldn't put a happy face on me. That'ts how much I am devastated...that's how much I love the game.....that's how [censored] I am at my Bears right now.....

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

I feel exactly the same way :thumbdown:

It's not always the "better team won story".....we just beat ourselves...and I if I was the GM - head would be rolling right after the game.....

Sorry...

But I have to disagree...

The Bears DID NOT beat themselves...

The COLTS beat them...

TT

I agreed to go to a play before I reallized that it was going to take place at the same time as the game. But because of my DVD recorder, I decided to honor my commitments by watching the Super Bowl on tape delay.

Chicago (the team I was rooting for) played well, but they had no offense.

Indy wasn't that much better, but at least they had an offense.

I remember the 85 Bears. Those guys would not be denied. This Bears team did not believe, and for whatever reason, did not deliver.

I wonder what is going to go through Rex Grossman's head during the off season?

Will he be demolished by his experience this season, will he find the secret to becoming a winner, or will it be more of the same?

This, in my opinion, is one of the most intriguing set of questions that will be answered during this off season.

I wish him well. I don't have a lot of confidence in miracles, but I wish him well.

The Bears DID NOT beat themselves...

The COLTS beat them...

TT

TT-

Look at it like this:

The Bears had 2 weeks to prepare for Indy. Now, Dungy taught Lovie the Tampa 2 D - so you would think Lovie would let Rivera change up the Defensive plan - and go to a 3/4 or a 4/3 defense, but that didn't happen. Blown coverages and poor tackling - that's on us, no credit to Indy.

The offensive game plan was horrible. Indy had the league's worse rushing defense. So what does Turner do? Let Rex throw the ball instead of run and run and run. Rex was bad because he sucks - not because of Indy's defense.

We just didn't show up for the game. Well, lets just say we did for the 1st quarter. After that, you got me.

Not all the Heinken and Portillos beef could put a smile on my face.....now I know how Cubs fans feel - wait till next year.

I cannot give Indy credit - we beat ourselves....and I will remain stubborn because thats how I am with my team -Da Bears.

Now, off to Portillos for some more Beef sandwiches. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

quote name='jkerouac' post='196595' date='Feb 5 2007, 06:54 PM']I wonder what is going to go through Rex Grossman's head during the off season?

Will he be demolished by his experience this season, will he find the secret to becoming a winner, or will it be more of the same?

This, in my opinion, is one of the most intriguing set of questions that will be answered during this off season.

I wish him well. I don't have a lot of confidence in miracles, but I wish him well.

quote name='jkerouac' post='196595' date='Feb 5 2007, 06:54 PM']I wonder what is going to go through Rex Grossman's head during the off season?

ditto, tony roma. That guy cannot be getting a lot of sleep.

I think grossman will be fine. he is young and needs some seasoning, but he has a lot of talent.

I agree and I think people who feel othewise are probably not giving the colts enough credit. I was a nuetral (Jets actually) fan watching the game, but I truly believe the better team won

People forget, the game was sloppy on both sides of the ball... The colts lost a couple of fumbles too. Clearly, the rain was a factor.l... it had to be kind of tuff handling a wet ball... ergo the missed extra point too.. .. as for the interceptions... i do think it is true that grossman some forced some throws once it got late in the game but they were behind than and he was likely trying to give his receivors oppportunities to make plays. In all honesty, they probably would have lost anyway.

The bears defense deserves some of the blame too. They did a good job in the red zone, but they couldn't get the colt offense off the field. They were too conservative.. too willing to giive up the intermediate pass so as to not get burned. That gave the colts a chance to make the plays, stay on the field and wear the bears down.. you really have to hand it to the colts. I think manning did a great jop managing the game in horrible conditions and making just enough plays to give the colts the edge. And they ran the ball especially well. Also as far as I am concerned the unsung hero of the game is bob sanders. That guy is a good football player.I know Rhodes and Adai played well, and they are getting thier ritefull perks, but nobody is really talking about sanders. Once he came off the injured list, they became a different team defensively, and he played his a$$ off.

I agree Bob Sanders is a difference maker on defense really helped stiffen up Indy's run D. And hat's off to Manning he went through years in the pressure cooker people questioning his ability to win the big one he's now the reigning Super Bowl MVP! Although the Bears did some things to shoot themselves in the foot they did get plain outworked and out muscled by the Colts on both sides of the ball.

As a non-American who had no preference for either team, I would say it was an excellent Superbowl. It had drama from the beginning to the end with the rain adding to the excitement. Even when the stats were all Colts, you still had the impression in the 4th quarter that the Bears had an outside chance, with the amount of turnovers gifted by the rain and over-exuberance. I missed most of the last few years NFL, so I'm out of the loop, but I enjoyed it.