When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

James Bond Sub Offer

Falco

:wub::wub: 6202... beautiful....

by the way found this old thread from Nanuq about the Silix Bond which could be of interest

Link

Falco... in this link Nanuq tells about a famous scammer called Luckyyy .... sorry but this link was a beautifull link since some time ago this dealer become only a scammer.... i don't think that it's good deal to link any tread speaking about him....

let remain into the real possibilities ... Silix is a very reliable dealer.... the starting point , for all my concerning , will be a silix watch..... not else

what i would like to see is some suggest for the mods .... like dial for the 6202.... the back case (not the caseback....) cutted to let the band to be mounted.... the engravings.... (standard...) the crown....

about vintagizing them... there are many people who can suggest many ways to do..... we will think about after the projet is started...

i love too many 6202... 6204 ....6205.....6200(one of the most beautifull...)...6538...6536... 5510... 5508.... 6542.... 6541 (as many knows ...) ...the rarest 6543.....

see there to have a panoramic story and reference

"I'M BOND ....JAMES BOND..." ahahahahah

M

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest RiverwindMDS
Falco... in this link Nanuq tells about a famous scammer called Luckyyy .... sorry but this link was a beautifull link since some time ago this dealer become only a scammer.... i don't think that it's good deal to link any tread speaking about him....

let remain into the real possibilities ... Silix is a very reliable dealer.... the starting point , for all my concerning , will be a silix watch..... not else

what i would like to see is some suggest for the mods .... like dial for the 6202.... the back case (not the caseback....) cutted to let the band to be mounted.... the engravings.... (standard...) the crown....

about vintagizing them... there are many people who can suggest many ways to do..... we will think about after the projet is started...

i love too many 6202... 6204 ....6205.....6200(one of the most beautifull...)...6538...6536... 5510... 5508.... 6542.... 6541 (as many knows ...) ...the rarest 6543.....

see there to have a panoramic story and reference

"I'M BOND ....JAMES BOND..." ahahahahah

M

That thread was good, and also the history....

I WANT THAT WATCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes Silix is one of our reliable dealers, no probs there :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

Just waiting for Silix to post here (or pm me) if he thinks he'll be able to get the watches for us

and if we can have some changes done to it like ETA, lugholes etc

I think that silix must answer to many people for these watches... i have emailed them many time for this... and yesterday to show them that there are many people interested into...

hoping that i'm starting to search for some CNC machine arround.... eheheheheheh

M

I can't imagine it's going to be hard to set up the factory machines to do another run

It's basically just the case and dial (and maybe the seconds hand and crown), rest is just standard rep rolex sub products

bezel insert for the 6202 is very different... and don't forget the difference from the gens... engravings...dial... and so on...

if they have really to restart to produce them we have a big oppurtunity.. ... to propose some mods...

Great idea, Falco.

I have the watch in question from Silix. The only thing it needs is the bezel from their Milgauss. It has the coin edge as opposed to the modern sub bezel "scalloping". Also, engraved between the lugs is an R serial number and 16610 design.

The case also needs lugholes.

Other than that, a good starting point!

196691-2889.jpg

Here's after some playing around....

196691-2890.jpg

Edited by miquel

Guest RiverwindMDS
Great idea, Falco.

I have the watch in question from Silix. The only thing it needs is the bezel from their Milgauss. It has the coin edge as opposed to the modern sub bezel "scalloping". Also, engraved between the lugs is an R serial number and 16610 design.

The case also needs lugholes.

Other than that, a good starting point!

197084-2772.jpg

Here's after some playing around....

197084-2773.jpg

Nice watch.

Who is starting to do the list of the people interested?

I think we should also start a poll...

i'm speaking with silix...

they have ask to me pics about 6542... in the next days i will take also some measures... (from a gen 6541 case and from a 6542 ...)

i think that if they will let restart the production of these "no crownguards vintage rolex" they will do it for all these reference ...

so now ...it's very important that people who want some mods ask for ....(detailed with pics.. please...)

my proposals:

6538 ... correct the back of case (detail of error 1)... correct the dimension of the crown... correct the engravings... (also inside the caseback...) ...eta 2836 ...

detail 1

197157-2740.jpg

6536 ...same proposal than 6538 but the right engravings , dial ,crown and bezel insert

5510...same proposal than 6538 but the right engravings , dial ,crown and bezel insert

5508...same proposal than 6538 but the right engravings , dial ,crown and bezel insert

6542 (some detail 2 and more)

...same proposal than 6538...completely new project...engravings... caseback (it's different..)bezel is different ... insert bezel bachelite maden...exist also a black insert ... with a white dial made for PAN AM ...correct hands ... and please into an eta 2836 swiss with the GMT complete module ( i know it cost... )

6541 same proposal than 6538 but the right engravings , dial (must be corrected.. must seems like carbon fibre...),crown and bezel insert...

detail2

197157-2741.jpg

197157-2742.jpg

197157-2743.jpg

197157-2744.jpg

197157-2745.jpg

197157-2746.jpg

197157-2747.jpg

197157-2748.jpg

197157-2749.jpg

197157-2750.jpg

I would just like to see all the dimentions correct and the engraving, i dont think it should be vintagised at all, if we have it vintageised by the factory then they will all look the same andf you know that the lume will be bright yellow. Lets make them look old our selfs and then they will all take on their own personality, I have been looking for a 1680 for ages but apart from the MBWs that i cant afford they all have crap bright yellow lume that just looks unrealistic. Leave it white, shape and mesure it right, thats all.

Hi guys, update for you, I think it's best we for the moment just focus on one watch, the Bond 6538 (ROL187)

Silix wants us to send him some good pictures of the watch, but I know you guys must have some better pics available than me (I've posted mine here

in this post).

Could you post your favourite Bond watch 6538 picture here for Silix please and we'll make a democratic selection :thumbsupsmileyanim: ??

For your interest below is my correspondence with Silix in pm's.

Falco:

Hi Silix, Is there any way you could get more ROL187 James Bond watches?

Special order from factory?

Thanks!

Falco

Silix:

This watch is out of production for a while. I am checking with the watchmaker now, to see if we could get it redone. How many would u be looking at?

Falco:

2 for me, but if ok with you I can put a post in the forum of how many are interested. Several have shown interest.

Thanks

Falco

Silix:

Thx for ur reply. Yes, if u could find how many ppl would be interested, that would be great. Thx.

Falco:

Looks like your ROL187 is very popular and many are interested in a new production

thread is "James Bond Sub Offer" in Rolex section if I forgot to mention it

Silix:

Thx for ur post. Yes, I saw it as well. I am talking with the watchmaker on this one. But since it is close to the chinese new year, it is most likely to have some progress after the long holiday. BTW, could u please send me some good pics on the Bond if u have any? Thx.

197180-2733.jpg

197180-2734.jpg

197180-2735.jpg

197180-2736.jpg

Hi guys, update for you, I think it's best we for the moment just focus on one watch, the Bond 6538 (ROL187)

should i show you all my past emails with silix starting from october ?eheheh ... ...i don't think that the best way to have a special project done could be asking to one dealer to minimize his businnes...doing only one ref.....

considering that making a good case they could produce all the vintage series i told...with a minimal numbers of difference between all of them...

so i don't want to have the merit of this post...this is your post... but as you can see also in the past many peoples have done some attempt... try to understand what i mean... we have an opportunity .... time are changed.... now are many more people interested into these vintage reps...

i believe the best way is to start from the past case and to propose mods cause the silix provider has the past project... and so ...it's an easy way to reach the goal...a better goal...

after that ...photos are easy to find 6538 bond rolex 6536....not so easy are gens to take some measurements......

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest RiverwindMDS
should i show you all my past emails with silix starting from october ?eheheh ... ...i don't think that the best way to have a special project done could be asking to one dealer to minimize his businnes...doing only one ref.....

considering that making a good case they could produce all the vintage series i told...with a minimal numbers of difference between all of them...

so i don't want to have the merit of this post...this is your post... but as you can see also in the past many peoples have done some attempt... try to understand what i mean... we have an opportunity .... time are changed.... now are many more people interested into these vintage reps...

i believe the best way is to start from the past case and to propose mods cause the silix provider has the past project... and so ...it's an easy way to reach the goal...a better goal...

after that ...photos are easy to find 6538 bond rolex 6536....not so easy are gens to take some measurements......

I know someone has a gen case, I don't know who....ehehhehe....

I am in for one...thanks.

After pm'ing Silix he's checking with his watchmaker to do another run of the ROL187 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It has been out of production a long time and is no longer available.

He asked me to see how many are interested in buying one before asking the watchmaker.

Post in this thread if you are interested :victory:

Sorry Klingsor, what I meant was that it's best to show that we are really interested in having the ROL187 back in production.

But of course, having the 6202, GMT and all the other vintage reps with same case is also very interesting.

But let's not confuse Silix with many different projects/watches.

Possibly easier to start out with one perfect 6538 rep, hopefully the way we like it with lugholes, ETA etc.

and take later do hopefully more reps based on the case, like 6202...

People, please post your pics of the GENUINE 6538 Bond if you have any :victory:

Sorry Klingsor, what I meant was that it's best to show that we are really interested in having the ROL187 back in production.

But of course, having the 6202, GMT and all the other vintage reps with same case is also very interesting.

But let's not confuse Silix with many different projects/watches.

Possibly easier to start out with one perfect 6538 rep, hopefully the way we like it with lugholes, ETA etc.

and take later do hopefully more reps based on the case, like 6202...

People, please post your pics of the GENUINE 6538 Bond if you have any :victory:

i think that Angel and Jay are not confused about...

easy way not is the best way any time...

i repeat ...business rule this productions... if business is to produce a case and with some minimal difference to have many kind of references.... it's easy to understand what it's easy....

there is no difficult to make all of them... but there is less business to make only one.......

i'm in for one of a kind...for me... and many more for my "friends..."

M