When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddylicious

Shasta

hello,

nice work, but i´m sorry that i have to say you that the casing of this fiddy is way of. it´s the dead giveaway on this watch!

just take a look at the distance between the bezel edge and the case edge at the 9 houers position and compare to a gen fiddy and you will see that it is too big.

best wishes

olreon

EL Super lume dial + casing + buckle

Davidsen AR Sapphire and super lume hands

EL Fiddy docs

Gen strap

Gen Box Set courtesy of RWG member

Donor movement from Pam 113 E series

ENJOY

Odd case indeed, don't see why using Eddie's case when Davidsen's case is all right (http://www.replicacollector.com/members/The-Ultimate-Fiddy-t28823.html). That movment is not from a rep or I was away from the boards too long :brow:

So Shasta's decided to "play" a little game with us here :)

What he's ommited to disclose is the fact the movement is a genuine E/F/G Series OPXI Panerai. Maybe he's just sitting and waiting on how many of us will spot this little fact :whistling:

Nevertheless, quite a lot of good work went into making this 'ultimate' 127 - I congratulate you on your efforts...having been there myself I know exactly what you have gone thru, mate.

The only 'minus' to the config is the case, as Olreon pointed above already, it's slightly wrong, 0851/1950 case with wider sides than both 0117/1950 rep and the genuine, but that's not such a big deal :)

Cool one,

babola

Edited by babola

Yes, the movemernt is genuine from my 113. The 113 that I rarely wear anymore has the rep movement. I listed the 113 on ebay once with a buy-it-now for $3200 but there weren't any takers. I guess the white dials aren't nearly as popular as the 111s that would sell for $3500 or more, no problem. Swaping the movement is no big deal, and I'll probably swap em back at some point - when I can source a gen - HAHA

The casing is a little off, & maybe I'll look at getting the Davidsen case, though I wasn't aware that he sold cases seperately. The dial though (same one that came with the case) is the best. And the box set (lucked out and stumbled upon it on the old trading board) completes the illusion....

Yes, the movemernt is genuine from my 113. The 113 that I rarely wear anymore has the rep movement. I listed the 113 on ebay once with a buy-it-now for $3200 but there weren't any takers. I guess the white dials aren't nearly as popular as the 111s that would sell for $3500 or more, no problem. Swaping the movement is no big deal, and I'll probably swap em back at some point - when I can source a gen - HAHA

The casing is a little off, & maybe I'll look at getting the Davidsen case, though I wasn't aware that he sold cases seperately. The dial though (same one that came with the case) is the best. And the box set (lucked out and stumbled upon it on the old trading board) completes the illusion....

the 117 case is the best. see if you can buy a case from joshua. it makes quite a difference! i wish i could find a gen movement.....

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for someone to do that to a rep fiddy. I thought of doing the same thing with my gen pam but it is a pam177 so a fiddy would not have turned out correct. I almost put the movement into a rep pam217 but the fiddy is the only one i would void my warranty for....... So for the last year and a half i've had to settle for my gen pam177 instead of a frankenfiddy but i take it day by day. I'll tell you though, i would have done it in a minute if i had a pam113. Not that i dont like the white faced pams, "i think they are really cool" i would have just done the swap for a while with a rep fiddy because i would not be able to resist...............As far as getting a 117 case, i bet you can pic one up for about a hundred dollars from one of the dealers. You might not even need a new CG because i think the one you have will fit on the 117. You might have to buy the 117 caseback but thats probably it. "Even if you did nothing else to it from the way it is now, you would still have the best fiddy rep anywhere!" You have the first FRANKEN'FIDDY congrats..........Cheers, Wan

• 3 weeks later...