When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Black Rubber Strap

OrangeSpoon

i've been looking around for a replica omega planet ocean 42mm with a black rubber stap (damn it i love that watch)

has anyone seen these around? it looks like its hard to find the rubber strap

i suppose my second question is can the steel/leather models be easily changed for a gen rubber strap?

cheers :D

i've been looking around for a replica omega planet ocean 42mm with a black rubber stap

Say it with me now - I love to Search....I love to Search :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The only 42mm rep with the black rubber strap is the Asian version (covered many times in this section).

You cannot use the rubber strap on the ETA version without doing some modding to the strap (covered many times in this section).

Hope this helps........

Oops. We were looking at the 45mm. :whistling:

We are all looking for a good version rubber rep strap for the 42mm P.O. I think hopefully in a few months we will have one. There are some people still trying new sources but as of today no real good option.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/I-Need-Someone-I...rap-t20083.html

I think from memory the rubber straps and / or the watch require modding if you had one that came with a SS band.

It also depends on the generation of the 42mm PO. The 42mm PO that came with rubber straps were pre-modded 3rd generation PO's, so not as good as the later versions.

The best solution for rubber at present is still the pre-modded 45mm PO - there has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the lack of a 22mm rep strap for the 'Ultimate' though.

We are all looking for a good version rubber rep strap for the 42mm P.O. I think hopefully in a few months we will have one. There are some people still trying new sources but as of today no real good option.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/I-Need-Someone-I...rap-t20083.html

This band comes from a local supplier and it's being tested by a member from Belgium (I don't currently have a PO). In one week I'll let you know if this works properly.

Does the genuine rubber strap fit the 4th edition PO 42mm? Or does it also have the nubs at the ends? The genuine ridged SMP rubber strap doesnt, and just has a curved end but this doesnt quite fit perfectly on the PO as it does on the Seamaster range.