When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rolex Gmt Master Ref. 6542...

klingsor

who wants a 6542 ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. do you want a well done rolex ref.6542 ?

• yes
    • no

Vintage sub first, then one of these. Personally, I'd like it with an eta and a fixed gmt hand that tracks 24-hours, not the modified 2836 with adjustable gmt hand.

Gorgeous pics BTW!

Climb on.

naaa...2836 with the module GMT can be adjusted... the gen was so.... however we are free to choice.... it's not a problem

let's vote also for this...

i'm for the swiss eta 2836 with GMt module....

M

And to think I turned down a genuine in 1997 for $900.

The line for kicking me in the butt forms right here.

in 1997....i have done the same with an explorer II Steve McQueen... 2.000.000 thousands italian lira.. (about 1100 euro) ....

1997 was not a great year.....

every time i see this my friend with this watch i want to kill my self....

M

Hey guys sorry to come on this discussion so late. I have to say I am very much encouraged by it. Although 51 is not a big number, it tells there is solid demand for this watch. We have also heard customers outside this forum asking for these watches. We will start to work on the rerun of this ype watches. We will start with the low end asian 17 automatic first, and if possible to work it up. The process will take sometime, but we will keep u guys posted. Thx. Happy Chinese New Year.

Hey guys sorry to come on this discussion so late. I have to say I am very much encouraged by it. Although 51 is not a big number, it tells there is solid demand for this watch. We have also heard customers outside this forum asking for these watches. We will start to work on the rerun of this ype watches. We will start with the low end asian 17 automatic first, and if possible to work it up. The process will take sometime, but we will keep u guys posted. Thx. Happy Chinese New Year.

Would the dial be aged, or would you leave that up to us?

ok ...but don't forget the suggestion of mods i gave you...

Happy Chinese New Year

in 1997....i have done the same with an explorer II Steve McQueen... 2.000.000 thousands italian lira.. (about 1100 euro) ....

1997 was not a great year.....

every time i see this my friend with this watch i want to kill my self....

M

1997... That was a very good time, I bought a 1963 1675 "cornino"(pointed cg) ,box and papers,for some 800K Liras, ie 430 € .

ps

Your avatar is SeISMIc

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Would the dial be aged, or would you leave that up to us?

I am thinking to age it a bit, not as yellow as the normal vintage rep, but with kind of shade of tan. Of cause, we will need to work it out with watchmaker finally.

I would like to see this done also, i think the JB sub that will beworked on soon will also evolve into this.

it seems to be an important thing about the one maden for first... i don't care about... i need only to know that it will be maden...

silix boys , as you can see before in this tread...., have told that it will be maden...

there are many people for 6538... there are many people for 6542 ...... but there are many people for both of them....

i'm one of these...

M

Did you say..................................... 6541? :Jumpy:

MBW makes a GOOD dial and hands for the Milgauss, but the case and crown are terrible. Give us the right crown, case and back and we can fit those MBW parts in...

Guys, I smell a sea change here. Pretty soon MBW will be but a fond memory. If this project comes out the way you're hoping, these pieces will replace MBW as *the* right pieces to own.

i have a gen 6541 case ... back case ... crown ... tube ... bezel (no insert...) bezel ring... cover for the movement... ...... i have an MBW 6541 also....nothing else than dial and hands can be used in the gen.....looking to MBW seems to see another watch... seems to see a seiko one...

it's my most important project ...i'm looking for a good bezel insert... and a 1030 rolex movement ( easy to change in 1080....)...(my wife has a rolex with a 1030 into...but i can't do this... i can't...)

...i will show my pics only at the end... why? ...leave me my tiny pleasure to do so.... eheheh

i'm trying to find some one to do a sample based on this case... but don't ask for engravings and serial numbers...... i have not so many time now.... but as you know ...good things require time....

M