When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Pilot Watch Chrono Iw371701

EddieLee11

He may well have an issue that is out of his control. He once had a whole batch of watches seized by customs on his end. He, of course, made it right but it did take a week or two. Or he is simply traveling for his day job. He can be on the road for up to a week at a time.

Yeah but wherever I am in the world i always can send an email- Especially since he's holding thousands of dollars of ours- Can't leave people with no communication for weeks- I know he's seeing my PMs- so why won't he reply??

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every email I have ever gotten from him has said....."send wirelessly via blackberry"

so no excuse really............

He may well have an issue that is out of his control. He once had a whole batch of watches seized by customs on his end. He, of course, made it right but it did take a week or two. Or he is simply traveling for his day job. He can be on the road for up to a week at a time.

well i got a tracking number from him days ago and it still does not register in the system. Every tracking number i get from josh and andrew at least shows up in system with in 24 hours....(i know they are useless beyond that)

I would be shocked if these watches have left tawian yet especally since eddie will NOT respond to any email concerning the matter but responded to a sale inquiry from my work address within 5 mins.

Got the tracking from EL today- as he says- Always slow, always late, always delivers!!

Yeah everything with EL is 'd up really, but as long as I eventually get the watch I'm OK with it.

Then again- plenty of other dealers out there...

There are plenty of other dealers but none of them offer the new 42mm pilot watch!!!

Anyone know if EL's version comes in black leather croc instead of the SS bracelet?

There are plenty of other dealers but none of them offer the new 42mm pilot watch!!!

Anyone know if EL's version comes in black leather croc instead of the SS bracelet?

I think he has the croc staps, but if they are anything like the other rep croc straps I have had supplied with reps, you are better to go with the bracelet and buy a genuine alligator or croc strap for about $90. It will look better, feel better and smell better :D

I think he has the croc staps, but if they are anything like the other rep croc straps I have had supplied with reps, you are better to go with the bracelet and buy a genuine alligator or croc strap for about $90. It will look better, feel better and smell better :D

Good advice I'd say... the original with the SS is a small fortune more expensive than the croc, and on a small run this might be your only chance to get one, you can get another croc strap any time. The strap itself on the gen is a wonder to behold, it feels like silk in your hands, quite the most lovely metal strap I've ever seen, in my somewhat limited experience anyway. Unusually thin too. I hope they've really nailed it. I would have gone for the croc based on pics but not after trying on a gen, and I didn't even think I liked metal. I had a hard time handing it back to the shop assistant, let me tell you... at least, until I remembered it cost about as much as my car!

On this occasion Eddie does not seem willing to provide a reason as to the delay in delivery, supply or anytihng else for that matter so I tihnk I must declare myself out of this buy and not send the money to him and instead put it to the cost of the gen model as I intended.

I hope you guys get this watch soon and post the much awaited member pics! :victory:

Eddie will not respond to any emails regarding if the watch has actually shipped. The tracking numbers are all still dead after 3-4 days.

This whole thing is a mess and really a shame.

I mentioned in the other thread, I sent a new sale inquiry from a buisness email and he responded in 5 mins yet our money is in his hands and he will not respond to us or the forums....

a shame.....

On this occasion Eddie does not seem willing to provide a reason as to the delay in delivery, supply or anytihng else for that matter so I tihnk I must declare myself out of this buy and not send the money to him and instead put it to the cost of the gen model as I intended.

I hope you guys get this watch soon and post the much awaited member pics! :victory:

Wow, I haven't checked the boards for awhile and read all this BS...Eddie is EASILY one of our best dealers. Hands down. I remember the first order I placed 2 years ago and being anxious...fast forward today, I've picked up over 35+ watches from eddie and I will definitely vouch for him. I'm sending a PM to place an order on this beauty as well. What happened to our wonderful community where we trusted our great dealers? :whistling:

I'm still waiting on my Finepics datewheel for my 063 that's been sitting w/The Zigmeister for months...and i'm disappointed, but Mark hasn't let us down in the past as well.

BS????

How is it BS?

I am glad you have had good experiences with your purchases but that does not invalidate what is going on here.

You can put your 2 cents in in telling us that you have had no trouble but do not call the issue with eddie in this situation "BS"

Do you think we are all making this up?

Does finepics have over 10000 dollars(estimating about 30 orders for this... a guess) of the forums money and will not even post an update to the situation or answer emails unless they are about new orders?.......i doubt it.

I am glad you have not had to experience this with eddie but we want better communication on this and calling it BS just feeds the problem.

Wow, I haven't checked the boards for awhile and read all this BS...Eddie is EASILY one of our best dealers. Hands down. I remember the first order I placed 2 years ago and being anxious...fast forward today, I've picked up over 35+ watches from eddie and I will definitely vouch for him. I'm sending a PM to place an order on this beauty as well. What happened to our wonderful community where we trusted our great dealers? :whistling:

I'm still waiting on my Finepics datewheel for my 063 that's been sitting w/The Zigmeister for months...and i'm disappointed, but Mark hasn't let us down in the past as well.

Actually, Finepics is another person on the board who undertook a datewheel project that members are patiently waiting for

. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone, I respect the fact that you are waiting on your order...and I know the frustration feeling because I've been there. BUT, I can only speak on my experiences with Mr Murphy and he's ALWAYS DELIVERED...sometimes later than other orders, but he's no scammer by any means. Am I the only one that feels this way?

P.S. I PMed eddie last night to place an order on this watch and he hasn't gotten back to me either.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

@promotersf, i'll back you up on this one. i've been really frustrated lately. not because of delays in communication from our dealers or waiting on a special project (i'm also waiting on a datewheel for my 63), but because of all of the members who have been bitching lately about how bad they have it. threads like this just bring down the morale of the forum.

maybe we should have admin start a special forum called "the venting forum" where people can go and vent about how frustrated they are about waiting 10 days (10 days!!!! the horror!!!!!) before getting a replica watch sent from the other side of the world or how their tracking number isn't working. that way people can have their pity party along with other folks who feel the same.

I paid eddie 5 days ago [...] and now he is giving me the run around....vague answers and no replies.....

@chad, based on this post, it has been less than two weeks since you paid EL for the watch. are you really concerned that you aren't going to get your watch? if so, that's one thing. if you're just frustrated about the delays, all i can say is that we've all been there -- really excited about a particular watch or project, and anxious for it to arrive.

@promotersf, i'll back you up on this one. i've been really frustrated lately. not because of delays in communication from our dealers or waiting on a special project (i'm also waiting on a datewheel for my 63), but because of all of the members who have been bitching lately about how bad they have it. threads like this just bring down the morale of the forum.

maybe we should have admin start a special forum called "the venting forum" where people can go and vent about how frustrated they are about waiting 10 days (10 days!!!! the horror!!!!!) before getting a replica watch sent from the other side of the world or how their tracking number isn't working. that way people can have their pity party along with other folks who feel the same.

@chad, based on this post, it has been less than two weeks since you paid EL for the watch. are you really concerned that you aren't going to get your watch? if so, that's one thing. if you're just frustrated about the delays, all i can say is that we've all been there -- really excited about a particular watch or project, and anxious for it to arrive.

Yeah but that's not really fair-

EL respods within MINUTES when you need to pay him, then after he has the money he NEVER replies again. Ultimately a watch shows up and everyone just forgets about it. Regardless the situation- that's basic disrespect for his customers.

I am not writing about delivery time at all only about dishonest emails from him and lack of communication.

The guy may not be a thief or scam artist but he is sketchy and not all that honest in my dealings with him.

It is my fault though, i had a bad watch from him that he never made good on and yet I still ordered this watch....totally my error.....i was seduced by this watch being an all time favorite of mine.

I think it boils down to this:

Some of the members asked Eddie when their watch would be shipped when they ordered. He could have said "in 2 weeks" or "in 30 days", but instead he gave a date in the near future, setting expectations. The date has come and gone, nothing shipped and there was a lack of communication from Eddie. There may have been some kind of problem, in which case, a quick e-mail or forum post to update everyone is all that is required (and Eddie did this). I am not suggesting that Eddie has scammed anyone, or has run away with our money. The lesson to be learned here, is [a] for members to take what a dealer says with regard to delivery dates with a pinch of salt and for dealers to improve communication when delays or problems arise.

I am also waiting for 2 different items from parts projects initiated by forum members, but to me there is a difference between the level of service I expect when dealing with other forum members and forum dealers.

My experience with eddie has been always great...yes comunication is probably not his best but always, always respond of his stuff. In my experience always that there has been a problem Eddie let me konw or answered my emails. When there was no prblem, "only" delays he usally doesn

Here is a question to those who think it is OK to not be honest about shipping, dead tracking numbers and poor communication.

If the same thing happened on ebay, wouldn't it take a fraction of this type of behavior to warrant negative feedback?

We had this a year ago in a thread about Neil. Blah, blah, blah; the dealers need to improve their communication skills. No one answered any of my thirty emails. I've been waiting ten minutes and my watch isn't here yet. Where's the professionalism?

PEOPLE; this is the business of counterfeit watches. If you want mainstream-type service, go for Josh or Andrew. If you want unique, one-off, and custom pieces, go for Eddie or Neil - but do so knowing that you'll send your money into a Big Black Void which will also suck in all your emails and PMs, and for the novice may create frustration and anxiety. But in the end you'll get your watch, or they'll make it right (most of the time...).

@Aquaracer

I know you've been here for like ten minutes, so I understand that you have no idea what you're talking about, but...

@chad

C'mon, man; this doesn't even sound like you. You've been at RWGII from the beginning... You KNOW how this works. I know you've had a shitty week on the rep front, and I TOTALLY feel for how [censored] you must be considering your recent disappointments, but look on the bright side; you actually had a grand-and-a-half to drop on rep watches - that's not such a bad spot to be in, is it? Hang in there; you said on another thread that you might be done with reps... I hope that's not the case.

Here is a question to those who think it is OK to not be honest about shipping, dead tracking numbers and poor communication.

If the same thing happened on ebay, wouldn't it take a fraction of this type of behavior to warrant negative feedback?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! STOP CRYING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!