When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Pilot Watch Chrono Iw371701

EddieLee11

"cool it?"

how does that help us as buyers.....comments like that give the dealers the freedom to do as they choose...

people who ordered watches on the 20th and have no tracking are being mistreated and they should get an update...

i think you all just can cool it!!! Ed is the master and he will have them shiped real soon (they are on the way)... Someone in germany or other eu country waiting for it?

//robi

Edited by chad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think you all just can cool it!!! Ed is the master and he will have them shiped real soon (they are on the way)... Someone in germany or other eu country waiting for it?

//robi

Robi, I am waiting.... Still not in EU, but close:-)

Kreso

Chad,

Like Kint said.....you need to chill out. EL is a dropshipper. His main line of work is not selling reps so e-mailing him every single day will not get you your watch any faster.

I agree with you that his after sale communication is lacking, but you will get your watches in the end. Some of my stuff came within 4 days of payment, but others took over 3 weeks.

For the veterans of this hobby, 2-3 weeks is nothing.....

Boy, things have changed. Normally shipping takes 2-3 weeks. sometimes happens faster, sometimes happens slower. Watches DO get delivered and the "unhappy" customer becomes "happy".

I've bought more watches from Eddie than most and I never had a tracking number.

Nowadays, everybody is so impatient. Lot's of newb's ready to accuse.

I miss the days when the "old hands" never got there "panties in a wad" over tracking numbers, WHICH DON'T WORK most of the time anyway.

Relax and enjoy the anticipation.

Boy, things have changed. Normally shipping takes 2-3 weeks. sometimes happens faster, sometimes happens slower. Watches DO get delivered and the "unhappy" customer becomes "happy".

I've bought more watches from Eddie than most and I never had a tracking number.

Nowadays, everybody is so impatient. Lot's of newb's ready to accuse.

I miss the days when the "old hands" never got there "panties in a wad" over tracking numbers, WHICH DON'T WORK most of the time anyway.

Relax and enjoy the anticipation.

I am not sure people are questioning Eddie's reputation, I think they just would like to get a status report...I dont think that is at all unreasonable considering the issues Eddie seems to be having with PP, having to changing his dealer name, refunding peoples money without giving a reason/update etc....

With all that is going on, I think I would be a little worried as well....

I am not sure people are questioning Eddie's reputation, I think they just would like to get a status report...I dont think that is at all unreasonable considering the issues Eddie seems to be having with PP, having to changing his dealer name, refunding peoples money without giving a reason/update etc....

My thoughts exactly. All we need is a little bit of info and we can put our minds at rest. Just for the record, I have bought around 6-7 watches from Eddie over the last 3 years and always had a tracking number (although sometimes it didn't work until the day the watch was delivered!)

For the noobs out there, no worries. For those who have been around a while - shame on you. Or you never read. In any case, please remember four things. First, this is a one-off project so it is done when it is done. Second it is Chinese New years so in spite of the fact Eddie does not live in Asia all the manufacturing and shipping is there. Third this is not Eddie's day job. This is his hobby. And last, with the exception of perhaps one or two unhappy customers in the years that I have been at these forums there are hundreds of very happy customers. I'm one. :)

And I look forward to his next custom project. :D

Last contact I had with Eddie was last week and do remember him being at an airport and this could be the reason for little contact with us. I have arranged payment for my IWC and will get it when I get it, no sooner and no later than that! Chill out guys.!!

Just to clear up what has gotten more out of hand than i assumed would. In my original post I just stated I was looking for information and not demanding any watch in any time frame.

Was eddie sketchy in emails and not straight forward?.........for sure......no doubt about it.

If anyone wants to call me a newbie or tell me I am crazy or over reacting that is fine but the simple fact is I never would have wrote any forum post if I had gotten a straight answer from him or at least one that made some sense. For the record this is my 3-4 order from him and one past order I still have not gotten a working watch.

Shouldn't we set an attitude here that we want clear honest transactions? Not justify every little thing they do with excuses and the "good old days"

I have seen so many people come to the forums for help with one thing or another and then they get " no way man frankie is the man, he would never do that" kind of responses.....that does not help anyone. I have had a past issues with watches I have not brought to the forums because I knew I would just get flamed......and here again......it has happened....

I guess eddie is the man......he can do no wrong...

An update in the main forum. And it's good news...!

It's not about doing no wrong. It's about how someone responds when something does go wrong. We are typically buying timepieces coming from around the world thru the various postal systems. Add the facts that it is against the law to sell these timepieces in many countries and that quality control can be quite varied and we can all expect things to not always go perfect. If you have had a bad experience with a dealer the membership wants to know about it and the facts surrounding it. That helps everyone here.

As for his post in the main forum...

update.....

He did not follow through with any information or tracking as he said he would that day.

It's not about doing no wrong. It's about how someone responds when something does go wrong. We are typically buying timepieces coming from around the world thru the various postal systems. Add the facts that it is against the law to sell these timepieces in many countries and that quality control can be quite varied and we can all expect things to not always go perfect. If you have had a bad experience with a dealer the membership wants to know about it and the facts surrounding it. That helps everyone here.

If there is one dealer on any of these forums who is the most trustworthy it is EL.

I have been off line for 4 or 5 days, and to come back online and read this crap is UNBELIEVABLE!

Why anyone who has ordered 3 or 4 watches from him and has never gotten one that worked, would continue to order more from the same dealer is beyond me. Whenever a dealer talks about getting me a tracking number, I never look at it or give one damn about where the watch is, or how long it will take to get to me. It will arrive when it arrives. On a number of occasions watches have disappeared before they got to me..customs or whatever. Each time that it has happened that way.. EL, has made good on delivery. No questions asked.

To suggest to someone to relax and wait for the watch is an understatement. CHILL is not the correct term. If you can't handle the wait or the lack of communication...perhaps your dealing with the wrong 'Hobby', or with the wrong dealer. Were I the dealer in this case, and I had to read the crap concerning this 'delivery'...the refund would have been in the mails by now.

For the record I did not say I got 3-4 that did not work. I have gotten 5 from him with one that I cannot get him to replace....that is all. 4 worked great and were shipped lighting fast. Thus my continued support of him.

This is why I cannot come to this board with a problem. I have rarely seen anyone be successful either doing it.

The dealers are infallible and the attitude here is absolutely insane regarding these kind of things. I cannot even get people to support our dealers communicating better.

People can flat out have stories of mis dealings with dealers and all they get here is the "so and so is the man and my best friend and can do wrong" You would think most of the dealers here have been the best man in most peoples weddings.

I am not TRASHING eddie. He has been NOT straight forward in emails with me and has my money. He had just publicly not followed through what he said he would in the main forum. He will not tell us what the issues with this watch are.

That is not crap just because you had good dealings with him or think he is your best friend. I LIKE Eddie too and like the stuff he gets me but there is a line and if we draw no line things will get worse with our dealings.

So on that note bring on the "Eddie is the man and donates his profits to aids research and feeding the homeless and has just won the noble peace prize for is work in repology and can do no wrong" :)

i give up.........

:lol:
Edited by chad

For the record I did not say I got 3-4 that did not work. I have gotten 5 from him with one that I cannot get him to replace....that is all. 4 worked great and were shipped lighting fast. Thus my continued support of him.

This is why I cannot come to this board with a problem. I have rarely seen anyone be successful either doing it.

The dealers are infallible and the attitude here is absolutely insane regarding these kind of things. I cannot even get people to support our dealers communicating better.

People can flat out have stories of mis dealings with dealers and all they get here is the "so and so is the man and my best friend and can do wrong" You would think most of the dealers here have been the best man in most peoples weddings.

I am not TRASHING eddie. He has been NOT straight forward in emails with me and has my money. He had just publicly not followed through what he said he would in the main forum. He will not tell us what the issues with this watch are.

That is not crap just because you had good dealings with him or think he is your best friend. I LIKE Eddie too and like the stuff he gets me but there is a line and if we draw no line things will get worse with our dealings.

So on that note bring on the "Eddie is the man and donates his profits to aids research and feeding the homeless and has just won the noble peace prize for is work in repology and can do no wrong" :)

i give up.........

I think we can feel your frustration and share in it. The best thing to do right now is sit tight for the next week or so and see what happens. Eddie has clearly had a problem that he didn't expect, he may not wish to share his problem right now due to legal or other issues (remember we suspect these forums are being monitored by some of the payment companies, etc.)

A nobel prize for services to the replica industry... now there's a thought! B)

i give up.........

Chad, dealers are not all "infallible", I just wanted to point that out. Just ask Sichuan.......

i give up.........

Chad, dealers are not all "infallible", I just wanted to point that out. Just ask Sichuan.......if you provide bad service, people will talk about it. Originally when Sichuan started, he was endorsed somewhat favorably, with his prices, but when his service dropped, people started talking, and he went into the can, just like that. And the admin do a great job to make sure that we are not scammed. So I would say that no dealer is invincible, if Eddie is really doing a bad job to multiple people, people WILL talk, and that is a guarantee. But again, sometimes things can go wrong, like Eddie said in the public post, and that is out of his control. Given the hobby that we are in, I think patience is a virtue, and a must. Just be happy you were not dealing with Paul and his crazy sale back then. Please let us know how it goes for you in the end.......

I do not want to claim that eddie is doing a "bad job" to multiple people just that I would like to see his after sale communication and honesty in emails improved.

It is not a witch hunt but if it bothers enough people next time it might not happen this way.

Chad, dealers are not all "infallible", I just wanted to point that out. Just ask Sichuan.......if you provide bad service, people will talk about it. Originally when Sichuan started, he was endorsed somewhat favorably, with his prices, but when his service dropped, people started talking, and he went into the can, just like that. And the admin do a great job to make sure that we are not scammed. So I would say that no dealer is invincible, if Eddie is really doing a bad job to multiple people, people WILL talk, and that is a guarantee. But again, sometimes things can go wrong, like Eddie said in the public post, and that is out of his control. Given the hobby that we are in, I think patience is a virtue, and a must. Just be happy you were not dealing with Paul and his crazy sale back then. Please let us know how it goes for you in the end.......

Has anyone actually heard from Eddie in the last few days because I have not after repeated attempts and he has always answered quickly to me before.

Has anyone actually received this yet or got concrete proof it has been sent?

I'm yet to send my funds to him with Moneybookers as I'm waiting for it to upload into my MB account but the lack of response and nervousness surrounding this watch form other members is giving me doubts about sending it. He told me last time we spoke that the watches were shipping Monday or Tuesday of last week but nothing has arrived to anyone as of yet.

I have never had cause to doubt Eddie in the past but this time I feel something is'nt right or is it just me being paranoid!