When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Pilot Watch Chrono Iw371701

EddieLee11

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found out that the strap costs a whopping £140 from a local AD. :wallbash: Since that is almost the cost of the watch, I think I will be looking for a 3rd party look-alike.

Yeah - got a new strap (black buffalo) for my gen Big Pilot (which is a 2005 model which came with the brown/white strap) - £270!

:o

Yeah - got a new strap (black buffalo) for my gen Big Pilot (which is a 2005 model which came with the brown/white strap) - £270!

:o

This is the point that you realise they are just slapping a huge markup on everything to stimulate the impression of luxury. The £140 strap from IWC is half rubber/half nylon and likely make in a factory somewhere in Asia. I don't mind paying top dollar (or pound in this case) for a genuine hand made gator strap, but this is just taking the pi55.

Mine is on the way. A welcome addition to the GST. I do hope the trend toward smaller more exclusive projects continues. As the large manufacturers and distributors try and "Walmart" the high end of the rep industry with 1,000 piece minimums I suspect it will be the smaller dealers who come up with the more interesting projects. Even if they start with the high volume base parts and go from there. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would hold off until someone gets ones.......I paid eddie 5 days ago and he said it would ship monday from tawian before he got the western union and now he is giving me the run around....vague answers and no replies.....

I see no one has gotten one yet either...

I'll be the first to post a glowing review for eddie and his watch if the thing every gets sent out or actually exists at this point.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

My dealer's paypa1 was shutdown mid order!!

So I'm waiting for the refund to come through - hopefully!

Then I'm back in to buy.

Won't be beaten by the paypa1 nasties! :gun2:

Hilts :play_ball:

Edited by chad

I would hold off until someone gets ones.......I paid eddie 5 days ago and he said it would ship monday from tawian before he got the western union and now he is giving me the run around....vague answers and no replies.....

I see no one has gotten one yet either...

I'll be the first to post a glowing review for eddie and his watch if the thing every gets sent out or actually exists at this point.

mmm - seems harsh - my paypa1 refund came back no probs - money back in my account.

I'm paying him today by another method - we'll see what next week brings. I admit, I have no watch either, but I've no reason to suspect that Eddie is not playing fair.

Hilts :play_ball:

Eddie is now not answering my emails regarding the watch. He has had my money for over 5 days now.

does anyone actually have a tracking number for this?

People started ordering this on Feb 20th....So I am curious if anyone has any confirmation of shipping. Maybe this watch is not in production stages yet.

No worries. Now the question is who will get theirs first.
Edited by chad

Well i paid western union so it has nothing to do with that. Something is up. I do not want to start anything but the emails i have received from him about it have been sketchy at best. Before I sent the money he was responsive and stated it would ship right away. As of now he is not returning my emails.

I got such responses earlier this week like "it has shipped" then when I asked for tracking it actually had not but was awaiting "clearance". I asked what clearance meant and he said it had to go through chinese customs and us customs before he could get a tracking number.....we all know that is not true.

I would love if someone could comfirm that there watch has shipped. If no one can......we have a problem of some kind and eddie should INFORM us of the status.

Things come up but made up answers and not keeping us in the know is not cool.

anyone else wonder if there is only one of these watches right now?.....the one in the photo.

All i ask for is honest information and I am not demanding my watch by a certain time.

When I receive the watch I will be the first to give eddie and the watch a great review if it is as described.

I ordered mine on the 20th and still no word, but Im sure with CNY and paypa1 issues it may have slowed things down. Hopefully we will get tracking #s soon.

Well i paid western union so it has nothing to do with that. Something is up. I do not want to start anything but the emails i have received from him about it have been sketchy at best. Before I sent the money he was responsive and stated it would ship right away. As of now he is not returning my emails.

I got such responses earlier this week like "it has shipped" then when I asked for tracking it actually had not but was awaiting "clearance". I asked what clearance meant and he said it had to go through chinese customs and us customs before he could get a tracking number.....we all know that is not true.

I would love if someone could comfirm that there watch has shipped. If no one can......we have a problem of some kind and eddie should INFORM us of the status.

Things come up but made up answers and not keeping us in the know is not cool.

anyone else wonder if there is only one of these watches right now?.....the one in the photo.

All i ask for is honest information and I am not demanding my watch by a certain time.

When I receive the watch I will be the first to give eddie and the watch a great review if it is as described.

Hmmm, similar to me, I paid on the 20th, but have never been told it was shipped. I hope Eddie comes back with something (anything!) in the next day or so as he stopped answering my mails 3 days ago now and some communication, even to announce a further delay, would be most welcome.