When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do You Guys Feel About Josh And Andrew Going To Credit Card?

chad

Is this going to be risky? Not sure I feel great about giving out that kind of thing to an illegal trade in a place where illegal trades are there specialty....

What do you guys think?

chad

it is not josh and andrew's integrity i worry about.. i know they are honest... and i am assuming thet will use secured services to tramsmit the info... still i share your concern.

If it is properly encyrpted as it states, would this make it very safe?

The encryption is between your computer and their computer, or the fulfilment house's computer. I'm not at all worried about that part. I just worry about my credit card details and delivery (home) address sitting on some counterfeiter's computer. :blink:

I trust Josh and Trusty not to steal my credit card details, but you have to remember several dealers have disappeared (and returned) after having had severe financial difficulties. Let's say a leg-breaker turned up at their doorstep and they knew they had 50-100 known-good credit card numbers with all the detains needed to make them work on their computer. Would you blame them for ripping us off?

no problems for me. i feel perfectly safe. in the usa cc is as safe as any other means of payment. why worry? all they will have access to is a cc # and shipping address.. do you have a high limit? then use another card with a low limit. or use a blocking service.. my c/c will put a block on any online transactions unless i give them a code or verification to the cc underwriter (not the business). identy theft can occur anywhere not just from an encrypted online transaction. beside jos/trusty have to be responsible all around or the bank/clearing house will drop them in a second if a liability is created.

I am not sure about other countries but in Canada it is neither illegal to purchase or own reps as long as they are for personal use and not for re- sale .

The agreement between vendor's and Visa requires a vendor accepting Visa to obtain an actual signature of the card holder / purchaser using a Visa credit card, otherwiser, the vendor is responsible to the credit card company to pay all monies taken in purchase in an unsigned credit card transaction where the card is stolen. There is signifigant risk to the vendor accepting Visa via phone or online where no signature is required. I would never accept a credit card online for my business. The risk as a vendor is just too high. As a credit card holder in Canada people are only responsible for a maximum of $50 CAD for a lost or stolen card that is misused. This is the case even if the card holder does not discover the missing card before a run-up has been done. Card companies put an effort into hiding this part of the law and really try to frighten people by inferring that the cardholder is at risk. Please check the laws on this in your own country as they my differ significantly from the ones in my jurisdiction. Here is one scarry experience of mine. Hollidaying in Puerto Rico a few years ago my wife and I were robbed of cash and credit cards. We carried Amex at that time because it offereed no spending limit - we thought it would be for for traveling. We immediately cotacted Amex lost or stolen cards and reported both cards stolen. I assumed that since I reported my card an my wife's card that would be enough. Nope thewanted the card numbers - another assumption on my part was that both cards would have the same number - wrong - I only gave the number from my wife's card not bothering to check if mine was the same and the Amex rep eer asked for my card number even though I reported both cards stolen. All was fine until we returned home and received our Amex statement. We had $37,000 U.S. in charges the theives had run up including one non-returned rental car and a $1,000 restaraunt bill with a $500 tip added. To shorten the story - Amex was demanding the full payment from me because I had not given them my card number as well as my wife's. My lawyer dealt with the matter and Amex backed off and accepted $50 from me. We agreed that Amex and ourselves would mutually terminate aour card agreement and I am no longer an Amex card holder. My lawyer charged $175 to write the letter to Amex so my loss was actually $225. Moral of story - never, never assume when dealing with a credit card company.

I suggest that members in other countries check with their own respective governments and or national police / customs services regarding the legality of buying and owing reps and also credit card laws respecting consumer protection. Canadians can go to RCMP web site where the law regarding counterfit purchase and ownership is clarly stated as legal. It also states that engaging in the sale of counterfit items is illegal. Interestingly, it is legal to download pirated music in Canada as long as it is for personal use.

I do not mean to bore anybody or pontificate but encourage members to check the laws in their own country rather than assume that all laws are the same worldwide on counterfits. Different jurisdictions can offer significantly different laws and penalties as I learned on a previous thread.

Having said all that - I think good advice has been proffered by the member who suggested the Visa gift card with the limited value and one time use.

Personally, I am very satisfied dealing with Andrew a Josh and also have completed my last purchase using Western Union - I found Western union fast ad almost as easy as Paypal just more expensive.

Good luck all - I hope I have helped rather than bored.

Cheers.

Edited for some spelling & grammer corrections

I have a credit card with $500 limit as well for these types of transactions, and its also fully insured which is a nice bonus. The credit card is not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about the quality of the pieces he is shipping out.

Frankly, Joshua's practice hasn't had the same upstanding quality as it used to. I recently received a malfunctioning watch, and although he did say he would exchange it, the item has gotten lost in the mail so I'm out a lot of cash. There are others who have told me even worse horror stories about getting wrong watches, then getting broken ones in replacement, or vice versa.

Indeed, credit cards are the least of my worries when purchasing...

I'm not sure why you think this reflects on Joshua's practice.

You're right... I am wrong to blame him. Joshua is a good dealer, if not the best, I just wish the postal service was a little more reliable over here and over there...

Edited by Corgi

Every CC should have a virtual card number generation tool on their website by now. Use it. Create a valid card number for the exact amount of the purchase with a 1 month expiration timeframe. Between that and Visa or Mastercard fraud protection, there is little about which to be concerned in my opinion.

I second this. I have been using one for years!

virtual card number generation tool on their website

Virtual card number generation tool you say? :g:

I second this. I have been using one for years!
Years you say? :g:

Having said all that - I think good advice has been proffered by the member who suggested the Visa gift card with the limited value and one time use.

Proferred you say? Wait what? :cc_confused:

Actually great advice one and all - Thanks

For purchases outside the US and you are in the US, the CC company may not authorize payment if it dos not fit your normal purchasing profile. I have experienced that on a business trip to Japan, for a US $260 charge. So now I always contact my CC company to let them know the country I will be travelling to and the time frame. May have to do the same if Josh or Andrew is charging from Europe or far east and I am in US.

For purchases outside the US and you are in the US, the CC company may not authorize payment if it dos not fit your normal purchasing profile.

...and the number will be sold to a European/Asian consortium, used to purchase something in the US that gets sent to one of those "Earn money at home redelivering packages!" suckers, and redirected to Russia.

hmmm, CC has never been that secured and probably won't ever be.

After all there is PayPal, MoneyBookers and more that acts as buffer between our CC and the virtual www.

And, when it relates to two of the most reliable dealers out there, send cash using Western Union or a simple enveloppe by registered mail is even better, isn't it ?

I agree with those of you who wouldn't use their CC in this illegal business.

Cheers

Stephane

i've been meaning to ask in one of these threads -- how do yall feel about a bank wire as an option -- is it better or worse in terms of disclosing information than a credit card processor? apparently washington mutual here in the states has free international wire transfers....

anybody know the answer to this one? to be honest i don't have a clue....