When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My package has been flagged

got-it

I'm located in Canada too - thinking of ordering, but concerned about customs. Can any Canadians provide feedback/tips?

I've been looking at a few watches from TWG - I believe he ships from Asia.

I've never had any issues getting packages from Andrew to Toronto. Packages from the US are another matter. I ALWAYS end up paying duty and taxes on them.

Good luck indeed.... i am in Vancouver, and have had items shipped using DHL, went smoothly with no hitches, but was worried the whole time.... can you tell me which hub your package was routed through? I think that DOES make a different in terms of likelihood for scrutiny.

Through wilmington apparently.

Ok, so here's the story folks. I dropped by DHL calgary to pick up my papers and was informed that stupid customs is close. Who the hell closes customs at 4pm??? don't they realize ppl have to work?

But here's another issue. Paul/Chris/Aspire/satan or whatever the hell he calls himself now gives my package the description of "plastic cover sample" with a value of $1.49. Uh ok. So on my customs paper that I obtained from DHL reads..."please provide true description and value!!" GREAT!! :thumbdown:

So what do I do now folks? Do I tell them the truth of what's in the package? A damn watch?

But here's another issue. Paul/Chris/Aspire/satan or whatever the hell he calls himself now gives my package the description of "plastic cover sample" with a value of $1.49.

Paul calls that "CARZY SHIPPING". :lol:

What about a "fashion watch"? Value $15.00 USD or Canadian in your case. And it's a gift for what it's worth. If they open the package and say it's not a fashion watch, tell em it's not what you ordered. I can't believe they would mess w/ you too much on a $100-200 deal. Just tell em it's a mistake and to leave you alone. They have no proof- there won't be anything in the package- paperwork, etc. so what have they got. Of course, now your a marked man and you'll have to start having stuff sent to your grandmother, parents, cousin, etc! Cause you know they got your name in their computer!

btw, miguel...post # 12 on the second page is about some family that got busted with reps. So I don't really understand what you're trying to show me lol. Maybe if you could copy a few lines or something

Or the actual post number. It's in the top right. (He may have meant #22)

Oh, and the law changed in the US in 2005, but this is Canada, so who knows what it's aboot, ey?

I'm located in Canada too - thinking of ordering, but concerned about customs. Can any Canadians provide feedback/tips?

I've been looking at a few watches from TWG - I believe he ships from Asia.

In Toronto; so far 10 reps and no issues. I buy from Josh.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I went down to customs today and finally got my watch. The process was brutal...waiting for a good hour before customs lady called me up. She was real nice about it, even told me "NEVER SHIP WITH DHL AGAIN!!" Apparently, DHL's packages always gets targeted because of where it comes from (asia). This lady even told me her daughter bought a fake wedding dress of a brand name company from some wholesaler in china and avoided DHL (no, I didn't tell her I bought a rep, she just mentioned that for some reason).

So all in all a good experience. I'll give Paul a good review. The watch is perfect. It's a pam125 btw.

Cool! My motto is just play stupid and keep your mouth shut. Looks like it worked in this case. Glad to hear that they didn't confiscate the watch. And don't forget to tell Paul no more DHL!

Of course, Silix and I had an issue w/ EMS last month- 2 out of 3 watches disappeared. Luckily Jay and Angel covered it and reshipped the two lost watches- this time they put the return address in English, thinking that maybe the problem was on their end. It sure is nice to have good dealers!

Cool! My motto is just play stupid and keep your mouth shut. Looks like it worked in this case. Glad to hear that they didn't confiscate the watch. And don't forget to tell Paul no more DHL!

Of course, Silix and I had an issue w/ EMS last month- 2 out of 3 watches disappeared. Luckily Jay and Angel covered it and reshipped the two lost watches- this time they put the return address in English, thinking that maybe the problem was on their end. It sure is nice to have good dealers!

guys i have been shipping quite a bit of watches, i think it depends on the destination however where you send it. I send mine to EU, netherland to be precise. EMS is no problem got caught incidently once but nothing was flagged send a new one a few days later. I tried UPS but the losers are very very expensive and to top it of i have to pay 26 euro for tax on a "50 euro return for reuse" watch. THe watch was way rerouted for nothing, it was twice in the netherlands before being shipped to the address. It came from Asia to Amsterdam, NL, in 1 day then for no pectulair reason it went to DUBAI, mid-east, back to GERMANY then back to AMSTERDAM.....where the logic in that?!?!

EMS never had to pay tax, even once put 100 euro declared value on. Track and trace just sucks from EMS and it takes longer.