When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No More Paypal For Davidsen

wan

Now... Who can this asshat with an axe to grind be... :angry2::thumbdown:

And I was just contemplating to purchase the 111H from Davidsen... :blowup:

Hummm.... which member among the various boards would have a reason to be [censored] recently? Any firings or disciplinary action been taken of late to cause a disgruntled individual who thinks they've been done wrong?

/Tim

Hummm.... which member among the various boards would have a reason to be [censored] recently? Any firings or disciplinary action been taken of late to cause a disgruntled individual who thinks they've been done wrong?

/Tim

...very good point! I don't mean to point a finger, buuuut, there's a big ugly seal I've seen around here that looks guilty as hell to me. :g:

I think you should retract that remark.......some could interpret it to mean that you're referring to Pugwash....and not the seal......that is of course if you were simply referring to the seal.....!

Dealers are falling like dominoes from the PayPal shake out. All it took is one irresponsible impulsive action by an impatient disgruntled buyer to spark the interest of the PayPal police and ruin the ability to use this easy method of payment for us all. BTW, I do not understand by what authority PayPal has to freeze accounts simply because they do not like the business of the account holder is in. They are not a law enforcement agency so how can this happen without a court order. I'm just not sure that they are on good legal ground. Regardless, they can make it hard on the account holder until he is able to sort it out to get relief through legal channels.

Dealers are falling like dominoes from the PXyPal shake out. All it took is one irresponsible impulsive action by an impatient disgruntled buyer to spark the interest of the PXyPal police and ruin the ability to use this easy method of payment for us all. BTW, I do not understand by what authority PXyPal has to freeze accounts simply because they do not like the business of the account holder is in. They are not a law enforcement agency so how can this happen without a court order. I'm just not sure that they are on good legal ground. Regardless, they can make it hard on the account holder until he is able to sort it out to get relief through legal channels.

Probably on the basis that it is an illegal enterprise. It may or may not be illegal to buy these products, but everywhere on earth it sure as hell is illegal to sell them.

I hesitate to add this because I kind of like the protection and convenience that using P*ypal offers, but P*ypal has an option to send a "Cash Advance" (used to be term Quasi-cash as well) that I think circumvents this entire issue. The problem is that we are paying for "Goods" and hence the type of goods becomes relevant. With "Goods" P*ypal still furnishes buyer protection in the amount of $200 for non-delivery. Cash Advance circumvents this entire chain of events and the transaction becomes the equivalent of a cash transfer.

Someone would have to go through the P*ypal user agreement in detail to figure this out for sure one way or another. But I've seen this used as a method to also shield the seller from chargebacks on eb*y. I don't think P*ypal advertises this too heavily because there are grey areas with the whole thing. In particular, CC companies may treat it as a cash advance on your account rather than a regular purchase. The sellers might also consider not accepting credit card payments -- only payment from checking account transfers or P*ypal account balances. This would be cheaper for our sellers as well since they can sign up for a no-fee account and not pay the P*ypal Credit Card transaction fee.

/Tim

Edited by Tim

All,

I have a suggestion to Davidsen and anyone interested that may help avoid issues via stealth..........use E-bay as the front for purchases

1- Item detail and pricing discussed and agreed via e-mail as normal- Total amount payable agreed.

2- Dealer (or someone for them) list an "imaginary" items on Ebay such as a collectable comic , toy, ornament , whatever really - on Buy It Now - only for the agreed amount. Dealer supplies link to customer via e-mail.

3- Purchase made on E-Bay , Payment sent by PayPal ......non issue product so no investigation by PayPal.

Clearly would only work if customers have e-bay accounts, but if you have PayPal most likely to get an Ebay account.

Any thoughts ?

fishgodeep

I think you should retract that remark.......some could interpret it to mean that you're referring to Pugwash....and not the seal......that is of course if you were simply referring to the seal.....!

Yeah... Amen to that... Puggy would never do such a thing... :black_eye:

Also, that guilty asshat would not leave trails behind his unholy deed!... :yucky:

All,

I have a suggestion to Davidsen and anyone interested that may help avoid issues via stealth..........use E-bay as the front for purchases

1- Item detail and pricing discussed and agreed via e-mail as normal- Total amount payable agreed.

2- Dealer (or someone for them) list an "imaginary" items on Ebay such as a collectable comic , toy, ornament , whatever really - on Buy It Now - only for the agreed amount. Dealer supplies link to customer via e-mail.

3- Purchase made on E-Bay , Payment sent by PayPal ......non issue product so no investigation by PayPal.

Clearly would only work if customers have e-bay accounts, but if you have PayPal most likely to get an Ebay account.

Any thoughts ?

fishgodeep

A loooooong time ago, when things were much more simple and straightforward, the above was an unwritten code of conduct (except the ebay :yucky: portion)amongst RWG members... But alas, some people were plainly DEAF.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

It is generally agreed that there are moles on the forum. It would be almost impossible, considering the size of the community and the number of people who come and go all the time, to single out any one or more individuals -- unless of course the dealers compare notes and identify individuals or mailing addresses that seem to be involved when trouble hits.

Also. someone asked by what rights Paypal can kick someone out based on the type of business they are in. Answer: it's called Terms of Service.

Perhaps they can slow down and make it a bit more expensive to buy and sell reps. But I'm sure that we'll adapt and continue on our harmless ways.

All,

Any thoughts ?

fishgodeep

It would have to be something that no one could conceivably ever want to buy like the book "George W. Bush on God and on Country : The President Speaks Out About Faith, Principle, and Patriotism", George W. Bush author, which could be our code for a watch missing some screws and running 100 years slow.

>>>>running for cover<<<< :p

It would have to be something that no one could conceivably ever want to buy like the book "George W. Bush on God and on Country : The President Speaks Out About Faith, Principle, and Patriotism", George W. Bush author, which could be our code for a watch missing some screws and running 100 years slow.

>>>>running for cover<<<< :p

that was F-in hilarious

[censored] Cheney could be code for the PVD destro model